Viper ACR vs Corvette Z06 - Motor Trend

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
That vid must be getting pounded with pageviews. Can't load for shit :rofl: Other YT videos work fine.

in theory if a yt video is pounded it should load to cache servers and do a better job at streaming.

the most annoying vids for me to try and watch seem to be setting those to the highest quality where their viewership is pretty low.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
1. I want to drive that road, badly.
2. For a MT video, I actually enjoyed it.
3. The commentary in the Viper was great and legit felt genuine.
4. Ive said it before and I'll happily say it again, give me the Viper any day of the week.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The child in me wants the Viper ACR.

But the Viper wouldn't do as well without the aero package. They said 1500lbs, but I was reading another article that put it closer to 2000lbs.

In either case, thats a crap ton of extra grip, and probably explains the laptimes. It can just stick all those high speed turns without ever lifting.

51wheelies

Feb 18, 2015
I may be in my early 30's but im old school when it comes to cars, Give me a car that demands my every respect and every bit of thought control. I hate how some of these super cars are becoming more luxury and less of a drivers car.

I had the pleasure a few years back of driving a 05 viper rt and my buddies zo6. driving the viper was a pure drivers experience, i hit the throttle and that thing twitched and every gear change, it demanded my full attention and if i didn't it was going to bite me. Driving the z06 it felt to easy to drive and really didnt grab my attention as much as the viper did. both cars were fun to drive dont get me wrong but as far as one that said hey your in something that will bite you if you dont pay attention it was the viper that did that.

Im one for give me a car with a powerful motor, no driving aides, a manual trans not that paddle shift crap, big sticky tires, and keep your creature comforts for the retired folks kind of car.

but thats my 2 cents, great video for sure though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info