Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ford CEO confirms hybrid F-150 by 2020

But the host did get the Blue Oval head honcho to confirm that a hybrid F-150 would be on US roads by the end of the decade.

The US automaker has already said it's investing more than $4 billion in vehicle electrification, and has even gone as far as announcing potential plans to get into the ride-hailing industry dominated by companies such as Uber and Lyft. Fields acknowledged that hybrid vehicle sales haven't progressed a ton in the US during the past few years and went on to say that greener vehicles are "necessary" as global pollution becomes more of an issue and US and European greenhouse gas emissions regulations get more and more strict. To that end, Fields confirmed that Ford will have a "rear-wheel-drive hybrid truck" for sale by 2020.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Hybrid systems in commercial medium duty and heavy duty vehicles serve different purposes . Such as using lithium power from 0 to 15mph to get the truck moving and the engine at idle . Saving fuel that way .

You use hybrid batt power for the brunt of the load when accelerating , instead of the engine.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Could use a gas engine instead of diesel . The trans/generator assembly bolts up to a regular flywheel and pull type clutch .

I am well aware how it works, I'm one of 2 advanced technology vehicle mechanics at my work
I was referring to everybody commenting about wanting a diesel f150 instead of a hybrid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info