Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not bad.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...to-bless-the-q50-with-a-400-hp-twin-turbo-v6/

It's not exactly the Eau Rouge we had hoped for, but Infiniti has just announced that its Q50 sedan, the replacement for the G37, will get an optional 400-horsepower, 350 lb-ft, 3.0-liter, twin-turbo V6 engine.

That's 25 horsepower less than what the BMW M3 offers and 69 horsepower less than the Mercedes-AMG C63 sedan. Even so, 400 horsepower is quite a lot of horsepower, especially for a car that isn't necessarily intended to be a direct M3/C63 competitor.

The Q50 Red Sport 400 will also receive several improvements to the current car's handling, including an updated adaptive suspension and improved power steering. It will also get 19-inch staggered alloy wheels.

3ufVnBM.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I have mixed feelings on this. The 3.7 VQ was the hp leader in it's segment for many years. I would have liked to have seem more horsepower and more torque. Lincoln's brand new 3.0L turbo engine makes 400/400, which is 50 ft lbs more than this motor.

Also, they carried on with the old 7 speed automatic, which is very un-responsive. It takes forever to downshift in my G37 and the same issue was present in the Q50 loaner I had last year. Infiniti has issued multiple transmission TSB's to reprogram the trans, but have never gotten it right.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That 7 speed is the worst. Maybe programming will make it better but like Jason said, it's lazy, feels like it's slipping between gears, takes seconds to react and is just overall not good at anything other than full throttle. Part throttle driving is frustrating and tedious. It sucks the fun out of our otherwise great FX35.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I have mixed feelings on this. The 3.7 VQ was the hp leader in it's segment for many years. I would have liked to have seem more horsepower and more torque. Lincoln's brand new 3.0L turbo engine makes 400/400, which is 50 ft lbs more than this motor.

Also, they carried on with the old 7 speed automatic, which is very un-responsive. It takes forever to downshift in my G37 and the same issue was present in the Q50 loaner I had last year. Infiniti has issued multiple transmission TSB's to reprogram the trans, but have never gotten it right.

The VQ lacks fuel efficiency, its biggest downfall. Infiniti's quick solution was add two more gears. I had a G37 loaner with the 7AT, it was always hunting for gears.. just felt like it was overworking itself to a quick death. Manual mode was delayed, very odd considering the old 5AT is very responsive, shifts quick and firm. Nearly bulletproof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info