Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
No other company has come close to matching the Japanese brand's sales growth this year

2015_subaru_outback_wagon_36r-limited_rq_oem_2_717.jpg

October 2, 2015 — 6:51 AM MST

The U.S. auto business in 2015 is a Hollywood movie—one big car chase and a happy ending. If there's a hero, it's scrappy little Subaru, the Japanese company best known as Fuji Heavy Industries.

U.S. drivers bought a record 53,070 Subarus in September, a 28 percent increase over the same month last year. No other car company saw sales grow so quickly. In fact, no other company has been close to matching Subaru's sales pace all year.

Fair enough, it's on a hot streak. What's more impressive is that Subaru has been on a hot streak for years. Even as car sales have steadily ramped up of late, the Japanese brand has stayed well ahead of the field.

A weak yen and strong dollar has given Subaru a boost, but the company still has 4,000 workers at a massive factory in Indiana where it pays in dollars. Mostly, it's moving the needle with product. In an SUV-crazed country, half of its models—the Forester, Outback and Crosstrek—fall into precisely the class of vehicles customers want.

"This extraordinary success has been built on a foundation of the right product, the right positioning and most of all, a strong retail network," Thomas Doll, Subaru of America president, said in a statement.

That sounds like a polished bit of PR, but there's more to it than that. This summer, Doll told me Subaru started excelling when it stopped acting like a car company. A few years ago, it started crafting ads around kids and dogs and kayaks, rather than cash-back discounts. And it gave its dealers more support and crafted philanthropic programs to pump money into their communities. Subaru became a lifestyle choice, not a car company.

Meanwhile, it helps that Subaru is still relatively small. The company had a strong sales network in the Northeast and Northwest. Part of the big sales surge we have been seeing is the company's push into the Midwest and the South. Apparently, a lot of people in those places are equally smitten with Subaru as the Northeast.

Subaru Is Still the Hottest Car Company in the U.S. - Bloomberg Business

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
They have a point. Every car commercial is pretty much the same shit. Car driving through tunnel, parked on a mountain and turning on a city street ending with a bunch of numbers for x amount of months. What happened to cool car commercials?! I still remember the ws6 one where it wants to eat the car in front of it!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:hsugh:

You've never heard of a toy being HOT so its resulted in it selling out fast? Its a HOT item.

Selling fast, its selling like hot cakes. Do I need to go on? :rofl:

im just sorry that I had to express that it is the worst link name and the most terrible thread title ever.

maybe you should go on.

the link title sucks and so does this thread.

suck my dick.

YAJ YAK OUT

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I am surprised because of the interiors. I not a person who cares about materials, I am interest in features. A lot of their cars just don't have as many interior amenities as their competition.

I think the AWD and the overall reliability is good from friends and co-workers who have them. This forum seems to understand they don't hold up well to modifications.

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
TCG Premium
May 29, 2013
Bolingbrook
They have a point. Every car commercial is pretty much the same shit. Car driving through tunnel, parked on a mountain and turning on a city street ending with a bunch of numbers for x amount of months. What happened to cool car commercials?! I still remember the ws6 one where it wants to eat the car in front of it!

I'm not a big fan of dodge, but some of their commercials are pretty cool compared to the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCxehjcYwlc

Thought this one was a dodge commercial too, but its really an oil commercial lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf94CBa8Wpg

Heres the commercial you were referring too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCtipr5B0Hk

They've definitely lost that creativity.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
cops absolutely hate subarus :iowtfrun:

A recent survey provided by Insurance.com, a car insurance comparison-shopping website, looked at over 500 car models and over 550,000 drivers from January 2013 to January 2014 to determine which were the most ticked vehicles in the U.S. The top was the Subaru WRX, with 33.6% of owners having a recent traffic violation.

http://abc7chicago.com/automotive/which-cars-receive-the-most-traffic-tickets/334532/

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En

Subaru does have one good one. I laugh like Beavis for a good 5 min every time I hear the Subaru commercial that says "The back seat of my Subaru is where she grew up".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info