Automakers sued over dumb people forgetting to shut their cars off

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Im sorry what? How does the court even bother hearing this case? I did not know complete ignorance and assumptions for things that were never ment to happen warrented a lot of money. AKA the public thinking the car will automatically shut off when that was never disclosed or noted anywhere that the car would do that.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Im sorry what? How does the court even bother hearing this case? I did not know complete ignorance and assumptions for things that were never ment to happen warrented a lot of money.

Have you been living under rock for the last 50 years? People in the US have been suing big companies, other people, basically anyone for their own stupidity. It's the American judicial system.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Have you been living under rock for the last 50 years? People in the US have been suing big companies, other people, basically anyone for their own stupidity. It's the American judicial system.

I guess I need to get on the free money bandwagon.

I did not realize my car would not fill itself up with gas. So I am sueing for 1 millions dollars because I had to pump my own gas. This is an outrage!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I can see both sides of this.

It's stupidity or inattention on one side for not shutting off the vehcle.

It's stupidity or shortsightedness on the other for not coming up with some type of warning/shutoff that kicks on in case people are distracted and forget to turn off the vehicles.

All that is required is one weight sensor similar to those on riding mowers. Weight sensor detects no driver and ding, ding, ding.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I can see both sides of this.

It's stupidity or inattention on one side for not shutting off the vehcle.

It's stupidity or shortsightedness on the other for not coming up with some type of warning/shutoff that kicks on in case people are distracted and forget to turn off the vehicles.

All that is required is one weight sensor similar to those on riding mowers. Weight sensor detects no driver and ding, ding, ding.

I don't want my car shutting off every time I get out of it. Especially in the winter.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'll admit it...

I have left the Hybrid 'running' accidentally once. I got out of the car and it was in E mode so it wasn't making noise. A short time later the engine started and realized my mistake.

Me too. I do it all the time. The BMW has start/stop so a lot of times when I pull into a parking spot the car will shut off when it comes to a stop. So I will just put it into park, get out and lock it by touching the handle but once I lock it it will automatically shut everything down.

I don't know if it's supposed to be a feature or not but I discovered that it did that by accident so I don't really bother shutting the car off with the switch anymore.

I don't want my car shutting off every time I get out of it. Especially in the winter.

I was thinking the same thing. I've been using a detachable key chain since I started driving for this very purpose. Top ring has the car key, and the bottom ring has everything else (including the keyless entry fob). If I need to leave the car running, I'll detach the bottom half and lock the doors with the fob. It would suck NOT to have that option.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Car I bought for Amy has a Viper remote start on it. I had to play with it to see if and when the key had to be in the ignition/doors would lock/etc. Luckily, the car came with the Mercury and the Viper manuals. That Viper set up is complex. Multi button pushes to do all kinds of things. Starter/Defrost/multiple starts/timed cycles/butt wipe?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info