Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
2019 Ford Ranger: Yes, It's Returning!
Expect a diesel and a base price below $25K, but no Splash edition.

What It Is: The return of the less-than-gigantic Ford pickup. Ford currently sells this mid-sizer just about everywhere except here. But that is about to change in response to the strong-selling Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon. The Ranger will also spawn a new Ford Bronco SUV, which will offer some competition to the Jeep Wrangler. Broncos should arrive in 2020 with a starting price of $30,000.

Why It Matters: The sales potential is significant. Toyota has been quietly selling gobs of Tacomas—just shy of 180,000 in 2015. And GM sparked new life in the class, selling more than 100,000 Coloranyons last year. In its heyday, the Ranger shamed them all, selling nearly 350,000 in 1999.

Platform: Our Ranger will use the same body-on-frame construction as the truck sold elsewhere in the world. Like GM’s mid-sizers, it’s only slightly smaller than its big brother; the crew cab is actually longer than a base F-150. But GM has proved that even big small trucks can sell without cannibalizing sales from the full-size lineup.

Powertrain: The only engine currently offered in the global Ranger that would likely come to the American market is the 3.2-liter five-cylinder diesel. It’s available in the full-size Transit van and could help the Ranger take away the title of “most efficient pickup” from the 31-highway-mpg diesel Colorado/Canyon twins. Expect an EcoBoost four-cylinder as well as a naturally aspirated gas V-6 in the U.S. lineup. A diesel Bronco sounds pretty good to us, too.

Competition: Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Nissan Frontier, Toyota Tacoma.

What Might Go Wrong: With the mid-size-truck market on the upswing and the Ranger nameplate’s widespread recognition, the only way this could derail is if Ford executives charge too much.

Estimated Arrival and Price: The 2019 model year, with base prices below $25,000.

2019 Ford Ranger: 25 Cars Worth Waiting For – Feature – Car and Driver

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
1. ill believe the bronco when i see one on da streets or at a dealer lot.
2. there's a 90% chance most enthusiasts will hate whatever the bronco is...

cuzzz i'm betting it's going to be ifs, 4 cylinder ecoboost, with an independent rear too... unibody. :rofl:

watch them butcher it.

I think we may be surprised, the "Take Rate" on the V-6 Ecoboost F-150 has been a bit of a surprise IMO.

Also, isn't Jeep going 4 cylinder Turbo for the next Gen Wrangler? I thought this was already confirmed also?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think we may be surprised, the "Take Rate" on the V-6 Ecoboost F-150 has been a bit of a surprise IMO.

Also, isn't Jeep going 4 cylinder Turbo for the next Gen Wrangler? I thought this was already confirmed also?

i don't know what you're saying.

no matter what the wrangler will be more capable as far as off road goes.

the bean counters at ford don't have the balls to do a true straight axle body on frame anything new.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
1. ill believe the bronco when i see one on da streets or at a dealer lot.
2. there's a 90% chance most enthusiasts will hate whatever the bronco is...

cuzzz i'm betting it's going to be ifs, 4 cylinder ecoboost, with an independent rear too... unibody. :rofl:

watch them butcher it.

Are the current global Rangers body on frame or unibody? I know they're straight axle still

we don't get anything global-cool.

Platform: Our Ranger will use the same body-on-frame construction as the truck sold elsewhere in the world. Like GM’s mid-sizers, it’s only slightly smaller than its big brother; the crew cab is actually longer than a base F-150. But GM has proved that even big small trucks can sell without cannibalizing sales from the full-size lineup.

I should probably just read my own posts :roflpicard:

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007

Id be ok with the ecoboost as well i suppose, with the Raptor already as good as it can pretty much be from the factory, maybe/hopefully ford performance will branch out with another offroad type vehicle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info