BMW just made every stop light racers dream come true LOL!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Florida already has large timers that count down when a light will be turning yellow or green. They also have indicator lights above each lane to let you (and the cops) know when that lane has gone red.

That said, anyone who tries to jump a green light in Florida is asking for death. There's a two second rule where Florida drivers consider a light to be still yellow for at least 2 seconds after the red.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah, AZ has the countdown timers as well so its always pretty easy to tell when a light you're approaching is about to turn red. And as far as jumping green lights? Yeah NO. Thats an instant T-bone out here. Theres one light by my house that ALWAYS has at least 2-3 cars blatantly run the red light after it turns. People do not stop on red out here. At all.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I wonder how they'll do that. Different states seem to have different sequencing at intersections. When I was in Kansas it was completely different than Illinois. At a 4 way light with turn lanes one direction would get a green light and green turn arrow, then it would go red and the opposing direction would get a green and a turn arrow. Seems like everywhere in Illinois the opposing turning lanes get a green arrow, then once red the non turning opposing traffic get greens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info