Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2016 Cadillac CTS-V First Drive [w/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hezE0HoHoEg

I still owe a few thank you cards to the journalists that didn't show up to Road America that morning. I lost count of the number of laps I turned, but I can say that I was on track more than off for nearly four hours. I had to pit in for gas on a couple of occasions, and to dump SD cards on others. I finally walked off tired, sweaty, ready for a good beer, and happier then hell. It was a fine afternoon, and I'm a lucky man.

Cadillac's V-squad of engineers seem more good than lucky. They've screwed together a rocketship sedan that ought to make big gains in its posh segment. All things being equal (they aren't, but it's a nice thought) the CTS-V deserves to sell in better numbers than ever before. Just scrape the bugs off.

2016 Cadillac CTS-V Test – Review – Car and Driver

Lighter and leaner than America’s other speed hero, the Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, the CTS-V stands ready and, based on this test, able to match wheels with Europe’s hottest. Next stop: a bare-knuckle, over-the-road smackdown to determine which supersedan deserves the C/D crown.

2016 Cadillac CTS-V: First Drive

This car does. It's a thick ingot of speed, with sumptuous road manners on the Milwaukee-to-Elkhart Lake drone, where there was time to appreciate the wireless charging and the lush expanses of sueded microfiber. The damned CUE infotainment system is still with us, although Apple CarPlay/Android Auto compatibility is here to help. And the CTS-V devours the highway politely enough.

So yes, it's a thick steak and a dry martini and it sings just about any number you want. Our needs are simple, but nevertheless, we thank Cadillac for anticipating them. ​

2016 Cadillac CTS-V First Drive Review - Motor Trend

So it comes to this: Did Cadillac finally build the car with the correct ratio of elegance, power, and menace that the Germans refuse to? Just like the Corvette Z06 that donated its heart to the cause, the 2016 CTS-V has crushing performance, undeniable comfort, and a price that undercuts anything in its class by between $10,000-$15,000. Will enthusiasts flock or flee? The 2016 Cadillac CTS-V is about to draw everyone's attention to the King's new clothes and lay bare any doubt that this is the new benchmark in the supersedan class. Badges be damned.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Damn, that looks sharp!

2016-Cadillac-CTS-V-101-876x535.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well that may be due to the pretentiousness of the city you are in. I saw that first hand when in San Diego and LA.

Normally I would agree with you which is I why I pulled up the sales numbers and they're pretty dismal and down 18% year over year for a car that was only rolled out last year. I think by anyone's measure the CTS isn't living up to expectations with regards to sales totals.

But yes. We're so vane. I bet we think this song is about us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info