Cadillac ATS-V vs. Lexus-RC-F

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Am I the only one that thinks all modern Toyota/ Lexus interiors are just utter crap? The one from the RC-F is particularly offensive. It looks like it's 25 years old.

2015-Lexus-RC-F-interior.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Sat in a Orange Lexus RC-F at the Washington DC car show, 1st thing I noticed is that a lot of the controls seemed backwards and would take a while to get used to and the goofy laptop like finger pad in the middle was awkward too.

That RC-F is pretty damn heavy too.

Id be surprised if any magazine review put the American car ahead because ALL magazines are anti-US vehicles it seems.

I like how the US cars usually cost less, have more hp, not all the time but often weigh less and still they get hosed in the reviews. Other than cost, HP, weight the rest all comes down to personal taste anyways IMO!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Firing back, and on two extra cylinders, might I add, the RC F features a 5.0-liter V8. It puts out a gallant 467 hp along with a plenty-respectable amount of torque: 389 lb-ft. Arguably, this engine’s signature feature is Toyota’s D-4S fuel delivery system, which features both port and direct injection. This provides the best of both worlds, quieter idling and better cold-starting with port fuel-delivery as well as increased power and efficiency afforded by direct injection.

Thanks to its atmospheric aspiration, the RC F’s compression ratio is even higher than the ATS-V’s, measuring a stratospheric 12.3-to-1, which means 91-octane gasoline is the minimum you can get away with, so don’t be a cheapskate! Put the good stuff in.

I find this interesting. Anyone else running dual fueling systems?

I sat in both. The Lexus is very comfy and the materials all feel spot on. But as mentioned, that laptop style finger pad is goofy and would take getting used to.

I do prefer to Caddy in both inside and outside looks, but the interior definitely falls a little bit short in terms of fit and finish. Materials are very nice however, they just seem to not be put together quite well in certain places.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Looks like the consensus is that Cadillac needs to spend some brain power on improving the "cheap" interior.

I wouldn't take a Lexus (glorified Toyota) unless it was given to me. Then I would cringe every time I had to look at it before getting in. I'd tint the windows so nobody could see me in it.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I'm really surprised by the 16city/24hwy mileage rated on the ATS. I would've thought the V6 and turbos would be able to have a wider range of efficiency

Good fuck my 08 Navigator gets about that..... X2 on the not impressed on mileage but Id give no fucks especially once I hammered on the gas. Plus I daily a car on E85 anyways who am I to bitch about mileage LOL!!!

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Many of the GDI engines are facing the issue. Normally the fuel wash from port injection would clean the valves as the fuel entered the combustion chambger. with GDI the fuel goes right into the cylinder and only carbon and impurities get attached to teh valve, this builds up over time. I hear the last gen cts's and camaro v6's (same engine) were having the issue to a lesser degree as well. Most aftermarket band aids is the addition of a catch can to the exhaust gas system.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info