May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Toyota can't make anything themselves unless it is a prius or some other appliance vehicle.

Toybaru has subaru motor, This has bmw motor.

Almost makes Nissan look like a performance company even if they won't make the Eau Rogue and IDX and are still banging the VQ drum 20 years later.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I'll reserve my judgement for the final product, but a true successor to the 2JZ could be huge if it were developed by Toyota and used across many of their product lines which I can understand is just not within Toyota's scope for their product lineup. With it being a BMW descendant of the N54/S54 it does make sense from a cost and development perspective. In an ideal world though I'd love to see a more modern version of the 2jz that retains it's remarkable reliability and aftermarket performance potential.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
OJOXEZ9.gif

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Toyota can't make anything themselves unless it is a prius or some other appliance vehicle.

Toybaru has subaru motor, This has bmw motor.

Almost makes Nissan look like a performance company even if they won't make the Eau Rogue and IDX and are still banging the VQ drum 20 years later.

Toyota makes plenty of stuff for themselves. Look at the ISF and the LFA.

I think the partnership isn't that great. Not for a 100k car as I would imagine it would be. For the BRZ/FRS combo it worked cause it was cheap. it had a Subaru engine with Toyota electronic and fuel systems. Worked out well for both parties

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Toyota makes plenty of stuff for themselves. Look at the ISF and the LFA.

I think the partnership isn't that great. Not for a 100k car as I would imagine it would be. For the BRZ/FRS combo it worked cause it was cheap. it had a Subaru engine with Toyota electronic and fuel systems. Worked out well for both parties

Just hoping this gets a BMW efi system as the IS-F and FRS at least the past couple years tend to be a bear to tune and then actually keep the hp you got on the dyno.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
If it follows closely to the mid-90's Supra's, I would imagine it'd be around $65K-70K. (Original MSRP for Turbo of $40K back in 1993)

I'm a bit shocked that Toyota would let a BMW engine, drivetrain, chassis power their potential "halo" vehicle. Just seems like something that Toyota would say, "Hey, look at what WE can do." Not, "Hey, look at what we paid BMW to do."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info