Goodbye Jeremy And We Thank You

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Its Official. Jeremy Clarkson will no longer be on Top Gear. This is a sad day, after 16 years of Fun facts and entertainment it is over. I am shocked that they would pretty much kill their most popular show, I would have thought the fact that he reported himself would have helped him out a little.

Farwell Jezza you will be missed

Jeremy Clarkson dropped from Top Gear, BBC confirms - BBC News

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Word on the street was Chris Evans

Chris-Evans-001.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It will never be the same though. No matter who they replace him with.

I am shocked only because this is bigger than just Jeremy. They have a massive crew and team that follows them for filming due to its popularity. Cut that popularity by a few million people and other people start losing their jobs

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I can't believe the BBC would sink that money train. Oh well.

The whole situation sucks.

If I understand correctly, the producer was being verbally battered for 20 or 30 minutes, then got smacked? Why didn't he remove himself from the situation and not let it escalate like that? Weird.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I can't believe the BBC would sink that money train. Oh well.

The whole situation sucks.

If I understand correctly, the producer was being verbally battered for 20 or 30 minutes, then got smacked? Why didn't he remove himself from the situation and not let it escalate like that? Weird.

I feel like some of the facts are not accurate. a 20 to 30 minute verbal rant? I dont think people understand how long that would be.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Man, I don't understand how the BBC is walking away from Top Gear. They have to have made a fortune on the show, and arguably that show made the BBC a world-wide network. I think the best option would have been to allow the legal system to make an example of Jeremy, fine or punish Jeremy internally to the BBC, and move on. Firing him doesn't seem like a good option for anyone. This really sucks.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Man, I don't understand how the BBC is walking away from Top Gear. They have to have made a fortune on the show, and arguably that show made the BBC a world-wide network. I think the best option would have been to allow the legal system to make an example of Jeremy, fine or punish Jeremy internally to the BBC, and move on. Firing him doesn't seem like a good option for anyone. This really sucks.

They tied their own hands the second they suspended him. They put themselves into a corner and left themselves no choice.

As an aside, Hammond, May, Clarkson and Harris would be AWESOME.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info