Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The Nismo is faster but MT says the Z06 is the better car to drive.

d7D5FOs.jpg

GTR NISMO 1:25.70
650S 1:25.88
Z06 1:27.10

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
I dont know what car will beat it next, but I cant wait for it to happen so i can go read CF again. I should go over there and thank them for putting me in a viper.

The GTR needs to get credit for what it does in a 3900lb brick package its delivered in. its a bad ass car.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
I'd say corvette just proves the front engine rear drive is being pushed as far as it can go. A Mid engine Vette seems almost necessary at this point to go any faster around a track

I think you are spot on. The NISMO is 50k more than the most expensive Z.
If you're going to be a player in the global automotive market, you need something more exotic than a plastic car with a very sophisticated truck motor.
Don't misunderstand, I applaud Chevy for doing what they have. The Z is a magnificent achievement, but physics is physics. And in order to be taken seriously, GM will need to come up w a vehicle more technically sophisticated.
That's why we are "hearing" about the ZORA. That's why Chevy has been racing mid engine prototypes for the last 3-4 years.

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I think Nissan has proven a very important point, AWD is almost a must have once you hit a certain about of power.
For years I've always thought to myself that the added cost, complexity, rotational mass and drivetrain loss in an AWD setup never really made up for the small traction advantage over a rwd setup but maybe I been wrong all along. From a dig on a shitty road surface power to all four wheels is obviously superior. I think the computer controlled differentials also play a pretty large part in the cars handling with the ability to route power to the outside wheel in a turn or even shut off the front wheels entirely when traction isn't needed. After all, the gtr's 55/45 f/r weight bias is far from what most exotic manufactures would consider ideal.

Anyhow I'm also really looking forward to a mid engined vette as well. Seems like the latest trend from Detroit with the zr1, gt500 and hellcat have been to stuff more and more horsepower under the hood while neglecting the chassis and suspension.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
For years I've always thought to myself that the added cost, complexity, rotational mass and drivetrain loss in an AWD setup never really made up for the small traction advantage over a rwd setup but maybe I been wrong all along. From a dig on a shitty road surface power to all four wheels is obviously superior. I think the computer controlled differentials also play a pretty large part in the cars handling with the ability to route power to the outside wheel in a turn or even shut off the front wheels entirely when traction isn't needed. After all, the gtr's 55/45 f/r weight bias is far from what most exotic manufactures would consider ideal.

Anyhow I'm also really looking forward to a mid engined vette as well. Seems like the latest trend from Detroit with the zr1, gt500 and hellcat have been to stuff more and more horsepower under the hood while neglecting the chassis and suspension.

mid engine might help

for an interesting read check out this article on the new Nissan Lemans front wheel drive race car and how they get grip

Nissan Lemans front drive

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
The nissan seems to do well on that track

Willow Springs - Streets of Willow lap records - FastestLaps.com

The fastest vette to ever go around that track was a 2011 C6Z

What were the weather conditions that day? Pobst took a Chevy SS around the track at 1:25.71

That list is fantastic. Goes to show how much a good driver is truly worth. A Pobst driven 2010 GT500 outperfoms a 2008 ZR1 driven by "______"

Or the 4 second difference between a Pobst driven 2011 C6Z Z07 and another driven by "______"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info