Tesla Insane Mode (NSFW-Language)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/28/7926977/tesla-p85d-insane-mode-acceleration

Who puts an "Insane" mode button in their cars? Elon Musk FTW!

B5MrE0FCcAESksL.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

This is not the Model S's interior. If it was I would own a Model S. This is a marvelously high end interior that they slapped in the concept car which ironically looks like a production setup while the production setup looks like a concept car.

2012-tesla-model-s-interior.jpg

I feel like the Tesla's interior would wear me down after 6 months and I'd be itching to get out of it. I really hope they step up their game here with the upcoming cars.

Also, none of the stuff you mentioned it does can actually be done yet. It's all coming with future software updates. The hardware is there though.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
You can call it to you? Like batman???

Let's hope so. :smile:

The other component to the Model D’s unveiling was part of the tease when Tesla first announced the car a few weeks back, and that "other thing" as it turns out, is a new automated parking and driver assist system.

The new driver assist system allows the car to read speed signs and adjust speed accordingly. The system also lets the car not only keep lanes, but also change lanes by itself once the signal is activated thanks to 12 new sensors mounted in critical areas about the car. These systems already exist in some form on similar high-end saloons, but Tesla is set on making its offering the most intuitive and advanced on the market.

While not exactly autonomous, the new Model D will also have the ability to park itself in the garage or even come to the owner thanks to the new sensor system, though there's no details as yet on how far the car will travel or how the system will be activated.

Finally, a new electromechanical braking system has been put in place to help stop the car when required.

Musk noted that every car built in the last two weeks features the new sensor array, while the auto-pilot program will be updated remotely over the next few weeks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info