Dodge Dart SRT/Chrysler 100--coming in 2017?

Dragonkat

Car Life: It's what we do...24/7
Aug 17, 2012
Kenosha
Passing on some news from my Mopar rep
" I thought mopar wasn't going to do twins anymore "

his management birdie inside the dart plant has confirmed that two models of srt4 dart will be produced.

The Dart SRT4 will be a FWD model producing 270-300hp.

it's twin will be the Chrysler 100 & will be a 300-350hp AWD model

Production starts in March 2016 for these cars

Thoughts

Dragonkat

Car Life: It's what we do...24/7
Aug 17, 2012
Kenosha
if it looks good it will sell. If it looks like a neon or a caliber srt4 it wont.

I'm told the Chrysler 100 would look something like this

image_resize.php

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
The Dart is is decent looking car and they can't give them away.
Couldn't sell them in the beginning because the old avenger (bigger car with a more powerful engine) was being offered at a cheaper price with all the incentives - now the avenger it's pretty much gone and the new 200 is priced a little higher, dart sales have doubled, sometimes tripled per month.

That being said, we are still only selling about 8-9k a month, which is not great, but still reasonable considering the compact car market, people not understanding the bankruptcy/FCA name change, etc. - IMO after the refresh next year, dart sales will be on par with the big boys

Just my 2 cents

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
So...it will look like that but be the size of a Chevy Spark?
Basically... The 100 is going to be a sub-compact and the dart will stay a compact - there are new "hurricane" engines that are rumored to be a 2.0 and 2.4, both supposedly turbocharged... As far as the SRT dart - from what I read it will be about 250- 300hp turbo 4cyl and awd - will compete with a wrx, but not beat it... But at the same time being much cheaper to make up the performance difference

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
I don't think price of gas is having a huge effect cars right now. Mostly because I expect people are waiting for the gas prices to go up again.

I would agree that the public, although enjoying filling up for 1/2 the cost, are still suspicious of the current gas prices. However, as of December Dart was still having an inventory issue. Days supply of larger, and luxury cars is what's driving the market. GM just held up Sonic and Verano production for 7 weeks because of that.

Dodge Dart misses sales targets as inventory mounts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info