Buick Convertible Coming-Buick Cascada

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Buick announced the first convertible for their line in decades. Based on a European Opel design, it's aimed at younger buyers. Pricing to be announced later. Some of these pics are the Opel Cascada but the Buick should be similar.

It’s been 25 years, but Buick is finally dropping its top again.

The 2016 Cascada is the company’s first convertible since the 1991 Reatta.

The slick-looking 2+2 is a reboot of a model from General Motors’ Opel division that’s already on sale in Europe, but updated for the United States.

It’s powered by a small, but potent 200 hp 1.6-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine driving the front wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission, and features 2+2 seating. A soft-top roof design allows it to have a large trunk for a convertible, whether the roof is up or down, and can be opened at speeds up to 31 mph. The rear seatbacks can also be folded down to create a cargo shelf.

Buick drops the top on Cascada convertible | Fox News

cascada%20876.jpg

2013-opel-cascada_100405700_l.jpg

2013-Opel-Cascada-5.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Oh look another example of why GM should have kept Pontiac over Buick. What is this going to compete with that's not driven by middle aged women? They keep trying to 'appeal to younger buyers', yet keep on producing FWD geriatric retirement cruisers such as this.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Very little is known about the Buick Cascada and its engine options. In Germany and other European markets, the car is offered with a range of engines, however the 197 horsepower 1.6-liter gasoline option seems to be the most likely candidate for the North American car. The car also starts at 26,320 euros ($31,268 USD) in Germany, which may also represent its North American price point.

Read more: Buick To Debut Envision SUV, New Convertible In Detroit | GM Authority

2013-Opel-Cascada-10-720x340.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No I just understand why GM is bringing this here. and why they're doing the Bolt.

because they have a great reputation at sucking to fulfill?

seriously.

ford drops gt350r, new ford gt, and raptor.

gm shows up with a buick convertible, a buick suv, and a fucking abomination of an electric car.

:rofl: fuck they are embarrassing!

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
I think there are people who want a front wheel drive, full sized convertible but without a hard-top so that they can have a decent sized trunk and use the car every day. There arn't a lot of companies making a car like that. I think this could be a hit.

I'd never buy this in a million years, but most 50 and 60 year olds don't give a shit.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
because they have a great reputation at sucking to fulfill?

seriously.

ford drops gt350r, new ford gt, and raptor.

gm shows up with a buick convertible, a buick suv, and a fucking abomination of an electric car.

:rofl: fuck they are embarrassing!

Yeah, I've pretty much put all of my swing in the Ford direction after today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info