Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2016 Cadillac CTS-V: 640 Horsepower And 0-60 MPH In 3.7 Seconds

Well, Cadillac has put those concerns to rest with confirmation that the new CTS-V, which makes its debut at the upcoming 2015 Detroit Auto Show, as a 2016 model, will come packing a supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V-8 good for 640 horsepower and 630 pound-feet of torque (the same mill found in the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06). Yes, that makes the new sledgehammer of a sedan more powerful than supercars like the Ferrari 458 Speciale and Lamborghini Huracán, but more importantly it outmatches all off its rivals by a considerable margin. By comparison, the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG deliver 575 and 577 hp respectively in their most potent trim.

We also know that the engine comes with direct fuel injection and cylinder deactivation, and, of course, delivers some incredible performance numbers. Cadillac says the luxurious five-seat sedan it powers should sprint to 60 mph from rest in just 3.7 seconds and keep accelerating until it maxes out at 200 mph. Drive is to the rear wheels only, via General Motors Company’s [NYSE:GM] brilliant 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmission. The paddle-shifted unit features a launch control system and specific shift programing for the 2016 CTS-V.

Lots more info at the link.

e4lsVgr.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
No row-your-own option will be offered, as the new ATS-V coupe and sedan -- both offered with a stick -- will now fill that extreme track-star niche, allowing the CTS-V to become more refined and luxurious. Hence the sole offering of a swift-shifting 8L90E eight-speed automatic. With a curb weight of 4150 pounds (6.5 lb/hp), that will help deliver 0-60-mph acceleration in an officially -- and perhaps conservatively quoted -- 3.7 seconds. Also new: This Corvette Z06-derived powertrain features an Eco driving mode that enables cylinder deactivation for tiptoeing around in dainty fuel-sipping four-cylinder mode.

hmmm i know some of you will freak out with no stick being offered here... but no fucks given by me

:fy:

I also didn't know ats-v was filling the "track-car" niche here... this new cts-v almost feels and looks more first gen sts-v than what the cts-v has been recently.

I'm glad they got some weight off this car from the previous gen too. :fy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info