Jeep Renegade at MOAB

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ps but seriously. in this segment- if you aren't an enthusiast... what would would you be buying instead in the form of a brand new vehicle that is 20k ?

You've got vehicles like the Kia Soul, the Mini Countryman, you've got vehicles like the Nissan Juke. Those can give you fuel efficiency, but not really what you'd call capability.

In terms of fuel efficiency, interior space, comfort and those things, we've got to go right up against those cars and beat them.

We also looked at the Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, Range Rover Evoque and VW Tiguan but again, those vehicles are not really significant in terms of their off-road capabilities. So, we looked at other Jeeps.

What we do is try to position each of our Jeeps both subjectively in the segment and then objectively, with very digital scores in terms of trail rating capability. The Renegade is designed to be solidly a 4 trail rating. Cherokee is a 6, Wrangler is a 10 and the Grand Cherokee is right around an 8.

That doesn't mean they're against 4 trails, but more an internal capability metric that defines what that capability is.

If you look at the segment, I would say a Juke probably wouldn't even get a 2 trail rating. A Hyundai Tucson? Maybe a 1.5. A Ford Escape? Maybe a 3 or maybe not.

I wouldn't have you take the Renegade down the Rubicon — that's not where this vehicle is focused — but it will do many parts of Moab and it will do very well in mud, snow and sand; those kinds of normal off-road events normal customers experience.IW: How do you see customers using the Renegade?

PJ: People that buy Jeeps off-road a lot in their mind. They're going to buy this vehicle based on the needs of their lifestyle but, when they're in situations like mud, deep water and deep snow they fully expect to be able to get out of those conditions safely.

The kind of customers who drives a Jeep wants to have confidence that their system can always put torque to the tire that can get you traction, that's designed to take the absue of potholes or logs on the trail or just handle a bad situation and get them out of trouble.

Maybe just getting you to a back cabin after a foot of snow or getting up a muddy road after a bad rain or getting through a flooded parking lot or over a curb. We're making sure customers feel confidence the Renegade will do that.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Anything can go up slick rock and I didn't see anything even remotely difficult. I bet any shit little suv could go over what they drove that over.

one tire off the ground in any of the other suv's offered and the other's aren't going up anything.

shit. my cherokee, if one wheel was in the air it was stuck.

becausenolocker

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
one tire off the ground in any of the other suv's offered and the other's aren't going up anything.

shit. my cherokee, if one wheel was in the air it was stuck.

becausenolocker

Have you been to moab? Slick rock is anything but slick.

:retard:

Yes, it is more capable than my bonne, camaro, and gtp...:rofl:

Ill take a TJ or XJ with open diffs over that thing all day.

I mean.... Is it? http://youtu.be/vHvXi_HejnI

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
They said it, not me. Id take a Forester, Evoque, or Tiguan over the Renegade.

that's not the same class- they were strictly talking offroad capability there- which i agree with you they downplay the other vehicles significantly.

i said this class (meaning size, price features)

what would you buy? a kia soul? a cube? a juke?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info