2016 Camaro testing next to a....turd gen?????

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
It's not unusual to see a new car, camo-covered and mysterious, testing alongside the current-generation model. In fact, it's pretty common. Seeing a brand-new car testing alongside its predecessor from 30 years prior, though, is downright unusual.

For reasons we can't even begin to comprehend, Chevrolet is doing just that, testing the next-generation Camaro alongside pristine third-gen models (really, they are damn clean examples of the breed). It's tough to tell what's going on with these manufacturer-plated F-Bodies, but according to our spies, one of the two examples allegedly had an intercooler and a distinctly V6 engine note. Your guess is as good as ours, here – SEMA specials in the making?

The camouflaged 2016 Camaro, meanwhile, is almost equally mysterious. Glance at the gallery and note the heavy camouflage on the roof. While a first guess might point to a prototype Camaro Convertible, our spies point to the unbroken A-pillar, which feeds into the roof. Instead, the leading theory (reinforced by some not so subtle yearning on our part) is that this car features a prototype T-top roof, or full removable panel.

We'd really like to hear what you think here. What do you think Chevy is up to with both these third-gen models and the new, heavily camo'd tester? Have your say in Comments.

Why is Chevy testing 80s Camaros with its next-generation model? - Autoblog

:rofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Chances are they used the 3rd as an example of what not to do.

3rd gen had some badass race cars and special projects. It was also the first stock production bodied car to break the 300mph barrier.

4.3L Aluminum Turbo V6's, TTA, Pontiac Firefox II (604hp, 705lb/ft 220mph+), SLP Firehawk…..

Platform is plenty capable of performance.

http://home.comcast.net/~thirdgen89gta/mags/Prototype Turbocharged IROC-Z.pdf

http://home.comcast.net/~thirdgen89gta/mags/HPP_SLP_Firehawk.pdf

http://home.comcast.net/~thirdgen89gta/mags/Superbird.pdf

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
;) you can never win in a build. Sell everything

Sad truth. Non car people always look funky at me when I tell them I'm spending money on a 25yr old car. They are always looking at the resale value.

It has no resale value. Maybe a clean, low mileage, high option car will be worth big money, but not for about another 15 years. And thats only because all of the base and lower models will have rusted out or been crushed.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Sad truth. Non car people always look funky at me when I tell them I'm spending money on a 25yr old car. They are always looking at the resale value.

It has no resale value.

I was just poking fun at him since he roped me in somehow with being a massive 4th gen nutswinger and that's the reason he can't do a build on his. Lol. Not sure how I'm posting all the time how 4th gens are the greatest 4th gens are the best.

Hell I'm possibly about to sell mine for a tesla lol

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I was just poking fun at him since he roped me in somehow with being a massive 4th gen nutswinger and that's the reason he can't do a build on his. Lol. Not sure how I'm posting all the time how 4th gens are the greatest 4th gens are the best.

Figure I sell the car in a few years, get my enjoyment out of this build, and take whatever money can get and put it towards a true weekend/track day car like a used Z06, Elise, or Exige. Would love any of those.

Back on 6th gen topic. Could the TTV6 exhaust note be the TT V6 out of the ATS-V perhaps? Its certainly a possibility considering the platform.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Shit, I'd sell mine for Fiesta ST.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Shit, I'd sell mine for Fiesta ST.

Haha epic. Yea I'm just at a crossroad. Do I keep it and build it more... Dump money into a car that will never be worth more than 15 grand unless it's 30 years from now. I barley drive it. I've put 1200 miles on it since I've purchased it. That's been almost 2 years now.

Or..... Do I sell it and the wife's Elantra and purchase a vehicle with guaranteed resale and the best technology out there and a car I've dreamed about for years?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info