ZR-1 back as mid engine?

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
This has been a Corvette rumor since the 60's. However, this time it may actually happen. There have been signals that the Corvette would become more of a product line rather than just a model. And Chevrolet has been running mid-engine prototype Corvettes now for a couple of years. They weren't doing that for shits and giggles.
Scoop! Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette is a Go - Motor Trend

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
Won't happen.

History shows you are correct. One thing that makes me suspect it could happen however is that I have recently been in touch w the Open Loop Calibration engineer for Corvette. Although he could not say anything without having to kill me, he did say that I would not believe what he s working on now.
But that it was amazing. And that he LOVES his job.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
They trade marked "Zora" earlier this year. Zora Duntov was always pushing for a mid engined Vette. IMO the Z06 makes a C7 ZR1 unnecessary and I could see GM makes a very short run of a hand build, mid engined super car like the Ford GT. The Bowling Green plant has expanded quite a bit in the last few years albiet most of the expansion was to bring chassis manufacturing in house. Also GM seems to be dabbling a lot on twin turbos. The new Caddy halo sedan and Elmiraj coupe are supposed to have TT V8's.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Ford GT is shit.

Again, I agree that the Vette will never be mid-engine. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a seperate car, under the "Vette" brand that is a mid-engine supercar. GM has invested a lot of money into mid-engine DP cars and call them Corvettes....
vette-daytona-prototype.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ford GT is shit.

Again, I agree that the Vette will never be mid-engine. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a seperate car, under the "Vette" brand that is a mid-engine supercar. GM has invested a lot of money into mid-engine DP cars and call them Corvettes....
vette-daytona-prototype.jpg

:rofl:

here we go again.

show me a GM anything made in the past 25 years that has appreciated in value :rofl:

the ford gt's are just fucking awesome. timeless and beastly.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't know for sure, but typhoon/syclone?

hmmmmm perhaps?

probably the only few gm's i can think of that may have... but at the same time i don't think many of them have.

you can't touch a ford gt for less than it's original msrp. it's just ridiculous.

i was talking to a guy yesterday that picked up an 08 z06 with 30k miles for 32k yesterday... :rofl: :fu:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info