Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
UPDATES

Dodge says the car has an eight-speed automatic, so it sounds like the Charger won't get a manual gearbox like the Challenger does.

Zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds

At 4,560 pounds, it's about 100 pounds heavier than the Challenger Hellcat.

NHRA Cert 11.0 1/4 mile in stock trim.

Release Q1 2015

Pricing announced in the next few months

Spinning off from the Challenger thread. First posted by [MENTION=354]Primalzer[/MENTION]

xyi7x56v4vywfsrpsf6i.png

In Autoblog's recent First Drive of the 2015 Challenger SRT with the 707-horsepower Hellcat V8 we found its engine to be as brutally powerful as the numbers would suggest, even if it wasn't the best handler. However, the muscle-car-styling just isn't right for some buyers that need four doors and proper rear seats to haul around the family. It appears that Dodge has their backs, though, because the Hellcat is very likely on its way into the Charger in the near future. Imagine the looks on your passengers' faces when you stomp down on the throttle.

According to Road and Track, when Dodge submitted the Hellcat for engine power certification to the Society of Automotive Engineers, the company included the Charger on the paperwork. That showed that the automaker wanted the engine checked out for the sedan, too. R&T reckons the 707-hp Charger would hit the road about a year from now, clearing the Challenger for a year of exclusivity with the powerplant.

When the Charger SRT Hellcat does hit the road, it may carry a very special accolade. Assuming nothing beats it in the meantime, it might be the world's highest horsepower production sedan. Think on that for a second. Even a Mercedes S65 AMG only has 621 horsepower, though a good bit more torque at 738 pound-feet to the Dodge's 650 lb-ft. So while the beastly engine is getting put into other models, where else would you like to see it? The Ram? Grand Cherokee? Let us know in Comments.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
i'd bet the new ctsv is gonna be somethin' serious

I HOPE you right. Also the camaro ZL1. That car was made for the track and should have no problem dragging both the GT500 and the hellcat around a road course. But nobody gives a shit about that. From light to light is all that matters for 90% of the people that buy these cars. I love the ZL1. I drove an auto one with HUD and it was so smooth with plenty of power. Handled awesome too. Would want one if it was competitive with the other two cars power wise. Lets hope GM either gives it the beans, or cuts 500lbs out of it without calling it a track only car, blasting the MSRP way up and making only 200 of them.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
"I'm going to break something here that we haven't told anybody yet ... We have a very significant performance announcement coming on Tuesday of Dream Cruise ... And then the car that that performance is associated with will also be on site Saturday, so the first time anyone gets to see it will be here in Detroit at Dream Cruise. We'll announce it Tuesday, then come down Saturday and you can see the car.

Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat to bow at Woodward Dream Cruise? - Autoblog

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info