Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
chevy-camaro-zl1-01-1.jpg

chevy-camaro-zl1-02-1.jpg

We have our very first spy photos of the next-generation, 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, in what looks like a higher-performance variety. The heavily camo'd tester was spotted on General Motors' Milford, MI proving grounds alongside other GM vehicles, including a Chevy Impala and a Cadillac Escalade.

Despite the hefty amounts of camo, our spies' very long lenses reveal that the next-gen muscle car will sport a more aggressive and slightly more muscular aesthetic, with what appears to be a lower roofline and a shorter rear decklid. The area between the rear doors and the rear wheel also appears tighter, while the front wheels look closer to the car's corners. Obscured by the camo, it also looks like this new model may feature a more rounded rear end.

There are also a few high-performance bits and bobs on display here. The quad exhausts are rather prominent in the rear bumper, while large, flashy wheels aren't what we're use to seeing on a vehicle so early in its development. A rear spoiler can be seen poking off the rear decklid, while the hood sports what look like some cooling vents. It's entirely possible that these items could indicate that this is the next-gen ZL1 or SS 1LE.

Underneath the sheetmetal, a new, lighter Alpha platform is tipped to replace the current car's older Zeta platform, and has been given the codename A1BC. Under hood, six and eight-cylinder engines are expected to be offered, as well as the 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder found on Alpha-platform cars like the Cadillac ATS and CTS.

As for when we can expect it to hit showrooms, our spies claim production will begin in October of 2015 in Lansing, MI. Considering that, establishing a timeline points to a debut at either the Detroit Auto Show in January, or at April's New York Auto Show.

Next-generation Chevrolet Camaro: Spy Shots Photo Gallery - Autoblog

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
If they're going to run this on the extended alpha platform like the Cts, and they can get similar weight loss like the CTS did, then were looking at maybe 3700lbs with the logical choice of the LT1 and its 460hp. This will not be a run away victory for the mustang like it was last Gen in terms of performance. With tuners going to work on that LT1 right now this car could be very dangerous once it comes out.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Looks smaller. I dig it. Also looks like they are ditching the the giant ass 28" tall 20" rims and tires. A tighter, lighter Camaro would be perfect. I don't care if it looks like a scaled down 5th gen because the design is still pretty damn good. My interest is peaked, I'm just not a fan of the mail slot windows and it looks like they're getting smaller. Please GM, ford gave you this one. Don't screw it up.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Looks smaller. I dig it. Also looks like they are ditching the the giant ass 28" tall 20" rims and tires. A tighter, lighter Camaro would be perfect. I don't care if it looks like a scaled down 5th gen because the design is still pretty damn good. My interest is piqued, I'm just not a fan of the mail slot windows and it looks like they're getting smaller. Please GM, ford gave you this one. Don't screw it up.

You fucking degenerate.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Sweet, a lower roof line, so even harder to see out of. As much as I love the looks of them I can't drive one. I do nothing but see the headliner. And I'm not THAT tall.

I was stoked to rent a Camaro the first time I came to LA without the wife and rugrat. I pulled up to the lot, spotted the car, got in it and immediately got back out. Completely uninhabitable for me and even if I did fit, it's so claustrophobic that you find yourself wondering what would happen if you needed to get out of this thing after an accident.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info