Chevy SS Manual?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Holy Crap The 2015 Chevrolet SS Is Getting A Stick Shift: Motor Trend

... And magride too!

Big V8 power, rear-wheel drive and sleeper-ish good looks: there's a lot to love about the Chevrolet SS. But from the beginning, there has been one glaring omission enthusiasts everywhere have complained about: the lack of a manual transmission. Now we're hearing that's about to be fixed.

This tidbit comes to us from Motor Trend editor Jonny Lieberman, who put the news out on Twitter last night:

Jonny Lieberman âś” @mt_loverman
Follow
Been sitting on this one forever -- 2015 Chevy SS gets a MANUAL plus magnetic shocks. Debuts at Woodward Dream Cruise #chevy #ss #manual
9:25 PM - 25 Apr 2014
27 RETWEETS 31 FAVORITES

Retweet

Favorite

I have reached out to GM to confirm this news, but I'm thinking it's probably true and was kept secret as part of some kind of embargo agreement. (You know we don't do those.) Also, I can't find the actual article at the moment, but apparently Autoweek reported this back in February. If we get an official confirmation, expect an update.

If so, this is amazing news. With 415 horsepower from the 6.2-liter LS3 V8, the SS has always been crying out for something more enthusiast-oriented than its six-speed paddle shift automatic. With a stick it will go from "That's a great car" to "Holy crap I need that right now."

The other bit of news from Jonny is that the car will also get GM's Magnetic Ride suspension, which can be found on the Corvette, Camaro ZL1 and various Cadillacs and is, in my opinion, better than some sex you'll have. A combination of Magride and a stick shift should turn the SS into the beast we always wanted and always knew it could be.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Awesome car, but overpriced like everything else GM makes. $44k BASE? Come the fuck on. That's more than a 335i

Try comparing apples to apples, the 335i is a midsized car, SS is full size and goes towards the people that need a 5 series sized car. it competes with the 535i maybe even M5 (not that many will cross shop the M5 and the SS) . Show me a 535i near the SS's price with the same options. I'm not saying that the SS is the best deal on the planet, but it is not overpriced, it is priced appropriately, not a deal, but right where it is worth.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
That "base" price is fully loaded. Go ahead and load up a BMW with all the same options and see who is cheaper

"Fully loaded" = leather seats and HID's?

And yes maybe the 335i was a bad comparison, so let's look at other cars in its same league

The SHO is just as fast, awd, and has an Msrp of about $39k. That includes leather and HID's, just like the "fully loaded" SS

Charger r/t max is around $37k

Again, I like the car, but it's not worth $45k.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York

And yes maybe the 335i was a bad comparison, so let's look at other cars in its same league

The SHO is just as fast, awd, and has an Msrp of about $39k. That includes leather and HID's, just like the "fully loaded" SS

Those have the downside of being ford and mopar products. They have to be cheaper

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

The sho sucks dick.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

SHO is just as fast? How do you figure? With the $40k SHO, you don't get the $2,000 performance package, you don't get all the safety systems that come standard on the SS and you don't get navigation. Load up a SHO with equal equipment and you're paying more than the SS.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt

:rofl: that whole post. Good God. :picard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info