2015 Ford Mustang will get an EcoBoost performance pack for $1995

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Ford has said the turbo four-cylinder option on the 2015 Ford Mustang will be no slouch in the performance department, slotting between the base V6 and the beefy V8. Now we know it will get its own Performance Package, and what that will cost.1P

This dealer order guide comes to us from Jeff Greenly, the self-proclaimed "car guy who sells cars" at Yocum Ford in Landsdale, Penn., who posted it earlier today on TheMustangSource forum. Click here to see the guide in .PDF format. P

Jeff told me by phone that this form is part of what car dealers use to order their cars, and it shows some of the options on the new Mustang and what they'll cost at invoice and retail — but not what the packages entail exactly. P

For example, the Ecoboost Performance Package will retail at $1,995, but we don't know what you get when you opt for that. (Could this also confirm that the four-cylinder turbo Mustang will be called the Mustang Ecoboost? I was kind of hoping for SVO myself, or even ST to be in-line with the other turbo Ford performance cars, but I guess marketing trumps all.)

The 2015 Ford Mustang Will Get An EcoBoost Performance Pack For $1995

:obama:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yeah, its been known for awhile now that there will be a 4-cylinder turbo option. Still waiting on power specs, but I've heard around the 320 HP mark, with equal or greater torque, which should make for a pretty peppy vehicle, as long as they keep the weight down.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah, its been known for awhile now that there will be a 4-cylinder turbo option. Still waiting on power specs, but I've heard around the 320 HP mark, with equal or greater torque, which should make for a pretty peppy vehicle, as long as they keep the weight down.

i think we all knew the 4-cylinder turbo was coming- but the $1995 part we didn't.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Its a new era boys. That mustang ecoboost is going to be badass as long as they dont make it look like a subpar version. Meaning if you can get the 4banger turbo and it will still look like a GT with the fatty wheels and cool grilles and whatnot, its going to sell hard! I cant wait to see what tuners will do with this new motor. And still no power numbers for anything yet?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Can't wait to see the 4banger. As for this news it's not that it's an option similar to a premium package or that we knew it was coming, but it is more a performance oriented package that 'could' change the power output among other things. making it very much more intriguing from that standpoint. This reminds me of when the turbo cobalts were offered with a GMS1 tune from the dealership.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Its a new era boys. That mustang ecoboost is going to be badass as long as they dont make it look like a subpar version. Meaning if you can get the 4banger turbo and it will still look like a GT with the fatty wheels and cool grilles and whatnot, its going to sell hard! I cant wait to see what tuners will do with this new motor. And still no power numbers for anything yet?

The issue with the ecoboost engines is that they come with tiny turbos and there doesn't seen to be a lot of power to be had without upgrading to a larger turbo. I have a Ecoboost Fusion down in Florida as a rental and am very impressed with the car. It drives really nice for a family sedan. I am sure the ecoboost Mustang will be a hit

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I was kind of hoping that when they said the power levels would be between the V6 and V8, that it would make around 350 HP. I would swing pretty hard off a "performance package" 4 banger turbo Mustang with 350 HP (and considering there have always been a ton of power left for the tuners in existing Ecoboost motors) maybe 400 HP isn't too far off!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I was kind of hoping that when they said the power levels would be between the V6 and V8, that it would make around 350 HP. I would swing pretty hard off a "performance package" 4 banger turbo Mustang with 350 HP (and considering there have always been a ton of power left for the tuners in existing Ecoboost motors) maybe 400 HP isn't too far off!

this.

mid 30's mpg hwy... mid-high 13's stock and i'd be a fan.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Update to what you get -

The guide finally gives away the contents of the Performance Package for the EcoBoost and GT trims. The EcoBoost's package includes: A larger rear sway bar, new chassis tuning, larger brake rotors, 19-inch black wheels, retuned driver assistance systems, an aluminum dash panel, added gauge pack, 3.55 limited slip rear differential, larger radiator, heavy-duty front springs and spoiler delete. When the options pricing leaked, it indicated the package would cost $1,995. If that is the case, it seems like quite a deal.

For the GT trim, the performance package includes most of the same upgrades from the EcoBoost plus a strut tower brace, K Brace, a 3.73 Torsen limited-slip rear differential and – only for cars with a manual gearbox – Brembo six-piston front brakes. The leaked options pricing indicated that package would sell for $2,495.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/13/2015-ford-mustang-dealer-order-guide-surfaces/

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I just hope it makes tq at a decent rpm so it doesn't have to be screaming to be fun.

It will. The Ecoboost motors are known for insane torque down low.

This is a tuned 2.0L Ecoboost from a Focus ST (mine to be exact). WHP numbers. Expect the 2.3L to make more power than this, and more torque. The Boomba dyno was particularly unforgiving that day. Most other dyno's put the ST around the 330-350lb/ft mark for torque, and closer to 250whp.

BoombaDyno_comparison.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info