2014/2015 CTS-V: Good & Bad News

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Heavens no.

Wait..........is there? the 427 centennial or some shit..

The 2015 Corvette Z06: Now With An 8-Speed Automatic

that's more what i was alluding to.

The numbers are pretty much bang-on with what we heard earlier. In addition to a seven-speed manual transmission, the Z06 will actually be offering an eight-speed automatic, as well, in the form of the 8L90E. P

Yes, an automatic. With a torque converter. That probably sounds absolutely crazy to all the Corvette traditionalists out there. Get used to it, traditionalists, because this is the future, and the future is about speed. And in the future, machines will always be faster than you.23

I'm betting the new cts-v will get a z06 similar engine trans package... right?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
People really need to get over this auto only stuff. Even the most ardent manual transmission fanatic can't deny that the automatic transmissions they're putting in performance cars these days are amazing. Instantaneous shifting, rev matching on down shift, truly holding a gear for as long (and as high) as you want to hold it… Plus, with so many cars coming turbocharged these days, you run into problems keeping boost up between shifts.

The transmission in the 535 is visceral when you put it into sport and manual mode and tame as a kitten when you want to drive the car normally. It is literally the best of both worlds.

I loved my 550 with the manual. It was an interactive experience but any auto 550 would have beat me on my best of days unless I was absolutely being ruthless to the transmission. Long live the new generation of autos.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

latifah-1.gif

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I think everyone here can agree that the auto will likely be faster than a manual, but I'll take a slower manual all day simply for fun. I'm not typically timing my car as it drives down the street so I don't give a shit if the car is 1 tenth faster with the auto. Not to mention, this is probably a traditional auto, and not a DCT like every other manufacturer is switching to for their sports cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info