Jimmy Fallon asks about a Truck - Ford, Ram, & Chevy Respond

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Yahoo!

Jimmy Fallon's first weeks as the new host of NBC's "The Tonight Show" has been warmly received. So when Fallon opened his show Wednesday night with a comment about wanting to buy a truck, Detroit's truck marketers fell over themselves like teen-agers hearing Kate Upton wants an invitation to prom.

The first night, Fallon admitted he knew nothing about trucks and wasn't looking for "payola," just that he was thinking of buying a pickup that he could haul his child in. (His appeal for advice to The Roots revealed only a Mini Cooper owner.) That was enough for Detroit to tag Fallon in his medium of choice, Twitter.

FORD TRUCKS: "@jimmyfallon We think you should get a 2015 F-150 King Ranch edition http://cot.ag/MPiq3x"

Ford struck first, pitching the 2015 F-150 King Ranch, a truck that won't even be built for several months. Chevy also tried its hand:

CHEVROLET: "Hey @jimmyfallon! Looking for a truck, huh? The #Silverado would look nice in the #FallonTonight family's driveway. DM us & we'll help!"

These softballs looked pretty lame compared to the pitch by Ram, which parked a new Ram 1500 near 30 Rockefeller Center with a personalized invitation for a test drive:

BiEhJGWCIAABRSp.jpg

RAM TRUCKS: "We’re waiting just outside of 30 Rock. Let’s take a ride @JimmyFallon, bring the little one too. #GUTSGLORYFallon"

On Thursday's show, Fallon acknowledged the interest, and noted that the Ram was downstairs waiting for a test drive. Instead of going himself, he dispatched Roots MC Tariq "Black Thought" Trotter to drive the Ram instead. Black Thought returned to report the Ram "did everything my Mini Cooper could" and noted it had a Hemi, giving Fallon the inspiration for the hashtag #HemiFallon. Points to Ram so far.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I'll stick to conan and Pete Holmes. No room for jimmy fallon in my life

Fallon's too twidgety and nervous for me. Looks like a little scurrying mouse on stage. I agree, Conan is the funniest, even if most of those bits on his show are freaking retarded. Just by himself, Conan is the funniest. I like Kimmel too, because he is a natural smartass.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
I remember when the Juke first came out Nissan was sponsoring on Letterman to promote it. Dave read their "ad" on the air and then started making fun of how stupid the car looked. Nissan got mad and had him apologize the next night, which wasn't very sincere. Dave then said he'd rather have a normal car and had his staff call a Chevy dealer and a Ford dealer to bring over a basic, stripped down sedan and whichever one got to the theater first, Dave was going to buy. The Ford salesman got there first with a Fusion and Letterman interviewed the guy and bought the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info