2015 Jeep Renegade (not very renegade-esque)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
hmmmmm

9 speed auto + diesel and 4wd sounds good though at least...

2015 Jeep Renegade Is A U.S-Bound 9-Speed Diesel 4WD Cute Ute

More 2015 Jeep Renegade details are coming out, and all the best boxes are ticked: 4WD only, a diesel version for the US, and an open-air variant are going to be in Jeep dealer's catalogues by the end of this year.
Automotive News found a statement from Jeep saying the Renegade is "designed in America and built in Italy," based on the "small wide" Fiat platform.

They went on to confirm that the Renegade will only be available in 4WD, which I found shocking based on its Kia Soul-like stature. On top of that, Jeep is going to offer an "open air" version, both diesel and gasoline engines, and a Trailhawk "Trail Rated" off-road variant. Oh yeah, and the Renegade will be the first small SUV to be available with a nine-speed transmission.

This is starting to sound like one hell of a cute ute!

No pricing or performance specifications are available yet, but both gas and diesel engines will be built in the US, Italy, and Brazil. The SUV itself will be put together at Fiat's Melfi, Italy plant alongside it's brother the Fiat 500X. Sales are slated to begin this summer in Europe and "later this year" stateside.

A few shots of the interior still look like the fun-loving concepts of the 90's, but I'm pleased to report there's also a more conservative silver-on-black color combination. In case you were worried. The gauges hint at a cool terrain-response display too.

2015 Jeep Renegade Is A U.S-Bound 9-Speed Diesel 4WD Cute Ute

While no official sales targets have been released, Automotive News' contacts at Chrysler told them Jeep is hoping to sell 150,000 Renegades, and Fiat about 130,000 500Xs.

Yes, our earlier predictions that the second Fiat-based Jeep would be called the "Jeepster" have proven incorrect, though I stand by my amateur photo'chop render as solidly "vaguely accurate."

The 2015 Jeep Renegade will officially be revealed tomorrow at the Geneva Auto Show.

19hebac3e7we5jpg.jpg

19heasspby08cjpg.jpg

19heassp9lze6jpg.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Only because they are new. In 6 months they will be going for invoice with massive factory rebates just to get them to sell.

I don't think so really :dunno:

i think they did their homework with em in regards to market research

at the same time though- my buddy who bought one... im really unimpressed.

all four headlights have moisture inside of them... the trans whines until it's warmed up... one of the doors fits not perfectly :rofl: it's just baaaaad.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I don't think so really :dunno:

i think they did their homework with em...

at the same time though- my buddy who bought one... im really unimpressed.

all four headlights have moisture inside of them... the trans whines until it's warmed up... one of the doors fits not perfectly :rofl: it's just baaaaad.

Fix It Again, Tony.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The US doesn't get the cars we want. They will try to sell it through 'Marketing'. If the car was awesome and everyone wanted it, you would never see a commercial for it on TV.

i think we do but we don't.... many cars we have here, if they weren't here and were other places- we would be like OH WHAT THE FUCK I WANT THAT....

case in point... g8/ss/gto's.... ZOMG WE WANT THOSE.

they come here... they don't sell for shit. :rofl:

No shit. We don't get the awesome new Commodores but we get stupid ****** shit like this.

2014-chevrolet-ss-sedan-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-501497-s-429x262.jpg

:dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info