2015 Mustang Appearance....Your thoughts?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
The GF and I went to the Chicago Auto Show this last Sunday and had a blast walking around with my teenage son and her dad ogling over all of the kickass cars. One thing that I was surprised about was my reaction to the 2015 Mustang! I have always been a Mustang lover, and consider myself a "mustanger", but the latest redesign just isn't appealing to me. That rear end, with the angle bent even more forward, looks terrible to me! The front end looked a bit off as well, but I couldn't narrow it down on that front. Hopefully I just caught some really bad angles on it, but so far it doesn't seem to be the case. What did everyone else think who has seen it in person?

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I was there on sunday too, I agree about the rear end it looks very cartoonish, I think the front would look better with a different grille, its just crazy how big that grille is compared to the last generation mustang, I think the side profile with all those lines is very hot.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
It's horrible looking, as all mustang since 2005 have been. It's a good thing the pricing is attractive for the performance, or sales figures would be even worse.

Ford sold a ton of 2005+ Mustangs. They will sell a lot of these. The pre 2005 Mustangs were pretty crappy with a wet noddle chassis and fisher price quality interiors.

Ford sold a ton of 2005+ Mustangs. They will sell a lot of these. The pre 2005 Mustangs were pretty crappy with a wet noddle chassis and fisher price quality interiors.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the title of this thread was APPEARANCE, your thoughts?

Check out the sales figures, the 05 up sold well for about two years. Then after all the baby boomers that liked the style had one in their garage, the sales have been declining ever since, with no rebound in sales in sight. and for good reason. It's horrible appearance.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the title of this thread was APPEARANCE, your thoughts?

Check out the sales figures, the 05 up sold well for about two years. Then after all the baby boomers that liked the style had one in their garage, the sales have been declining ever since, with no rebound in sales in sight. and for good reason. It's horrible appearance.

I am talking about APPEARANCE....Interior APPEARANCE. With the 2015, Ford tried something new from a design perspective. I'd bet on it selling well for a number of reasons. It's not the best design, but to say it's "horrible" isn't fair either.

The sales of the S197 did well for three years. After that sales went down not because of style but because of increased competition from the Challenger and Camaro plus a little thing called a recession which hurt auto sales across the board.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info