Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not gonna copy past everything but here ya go:

2015-subaru-wrx-sti-fd.jpg

No matter what your hottest Gran Turismo lap times look like, Laguna Seca is a challenging, rewarding course in person, and the STI is right at home here. There's simply a ton of grip available with the active AWD system, and with the engine cooking at high revs in third and fourth gears, the Subaru absolutely storms through the corners. The whole driving system inspires a ton of confidence, encouraging you to push the STI harder and harder with each passing lap. I haven't had the chance to track a WRX in similar fashion, but judging by its road performance compared to the STI, I don't think it would be nearly as good here.

That's a very good thing, though it makes the WRX vs. STI argument even tougher to debate. The winged Subie isn't a completely different beast, but it's far more aggressive than before, with greater precision and a stronger sense of performance urgency. The STI is no longer just slightly sharper than the WRX – it's a far more rewarding experience from behind the wheel.

Where the debate starts to move in favor of the WRX, however, is price – STI models start at $34,495, not including $795 for destination, compared to $26,295 for a WRX. Match a WRX Limited against a similarly equipped STI and you're looking at an $8,500 difference – $39,290 versus $30,790. For my money, I can't help but think I might want to just snag a WRX and put that extra coin into some goodies from Subaru's performance parts catalog or the aftermarket (hello, gold wheels). Or maybe I'd just spend it on a more refined, equally powerful Volkswagen Golf R. But the giddy, raucous, hooligan tendencies of the STI make it really special, and smiles-per-mile go a long way here. It may not even be the best WRX for the money, but it's hands-down the most fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info