Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Kind of want to see what they do :rofl:

Saleen has made its name on building some of the meanest modern muscle cars around, which was why it was so surprising when it announced in December that its next project will go electric. Has the famed pony car modifier lost its mind? Or is it right in thinking the performance potential of the Tesla Model S is too big to ignore?

Details remain scant about the project, but Saleen promises to transform the Model S into an electric supercar. Power is getting a boost but exactly how much more than Tesla's own 416-horsepower Model S P85 is not known. Saleen has also not set a completion date for the car yet, but it promises that renderings and specs will be ready soon. The only real detail that Saleen gives about its version of the Model S is that it has "a revolutionary design all our own," so we're expecting some visual differentiation to go with its inevitable augmented power.

"I fully intend to produce one of the most compelling Tesla's to ever hit the roadway," said Steve Saleen, company founder and CEO.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
a trailer full of batteries with z rated tires

Like these...

Saleen's official power plan
983d1305699267-home-made-lithium-ion-li-ion-battery-ezip-6pack.jpg

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I would think the only downside to slapping in a larger motor is reduced range but if you beat the snot out of the P85 as it is you'll see reduced range. I think it's a mistake marketing this car as an all out performer because it's going to have to come with some tradeoffs.

I still want one but that interior, my lawd that interior. It's just bad. I still have an RSS feed that shows me every one in the country and when I see the interior pictures I'm just like "I'm out". Hopefully they have a mid-cycle refresh in the works that offers an interior that matches the exterior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info