In Da Hood
The Lamborghini Veneno Roadster Has No Roof And Costs $5.3 Million

ku-bigpic.jpg

I want one, some one lend me the money ok?:jg:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I have no knowledge of what Lambo builds or does, but I thought this guy's comments were funny.

You know, on the note of brands that sell on image alone, enter Lamborghini. The Veneno and now the Veneno Roadster are the most cynical pieces of automotive schtick I've ever seen. Here they are, dressing up a basically stock Aventador with altered body panels, a fin, calling it a celebration of their (non-existent) racing heritage, and then pretends that they can only make so many of them to justify asking so much money for them.

And a handful of people just lapped it up with out even a second's thought. Seriously, they just paid $4.6 million plus for an Aventador with a body kit. What's that old saying about a fool and his money?

Once upon a time, Lamborghini got its start by making an elegant, capable, and worldly grand touring sports car. Lamborghini isn't about racing. It was never intended to be. It was intended to be about class and understated elegance, with just a dash of cheekiness thrown in to troll Ferrari. After all 50 or so years, they seem to have lost all class and elegance, and have traded cheekiness for cynical arrogance.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
I have no knowledge of what Lambo builds or does, but I thought this guy's comments were funny.

You know, on the note of brands that sell on image alone, enter Lamborghini. The Veneno and now the Veneno Roadster are the most cynical pieces of automotive schtick I've ever seen. Here they are, dressing up a basically stock Aventador with altered body panels, a fin, calling it a celebration of their (non-existent) racing heritage, and then pretends that they can only make so many of them to justify asking so much money for them.

And a handful of people just lapped it up with out even a second's thought. Seriously, they just paid $4.6 million plus for an Aventador with a body kit. What's that old saying about a fool and his money?

Once upon a time, Lamborghini got its start by making an elegant, capable, and worldly grand touring sports car. Lamborghini isn't about racing. It was never intended to be. It was intended to be about class and understated elegance, with just a dash of cheekiness thrown in to troll Ferrari. After all 50 or so years, they seem to have lost all class and elegance, and have traded cheekiness for cynical arrogance.

I was going to try and come up with a smart ass response to how it's a glorified car with a body kit, but this took care of that for me :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info