I spy 2015 civic type R

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
2015 Civic Type R will make 'at least' 276 hp from 2.0L turbo [w/video] - Autoblog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtu.be/aha-DQB3xDY

Honda may not actually be showing off the production form of its upcoming Euro-only 2015 Civic Type R at the Frankfurt Motor Show this year, but it did take advantage of the focused media attention to make a pretty cool announcement. In addition to dropping a really hot video of the new Type R testing at the NĂĽrburgring Nordschleife, Honda Europe president, Manabu Nishimae, gifted us with some juicy details about the coming hot hatch.

Nishimae confirmed rumors that this Type R would make use of a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine, while telling us that the mill would be good for an output of "at least 280 PS." A raw conversion from PS (metric horsepower) to standard horsepower gives us a figure of about 276 hp, or very near the rumored figure of 300 galloping, front-wheeled ponies.

The company will need each ounce of output from its new 2.0-liter engine if it is to meet its stated performance target: making the Civic Type R the fastest front-wheel-drive production car around the 'Ring. Apparently this last session of testing, with World Touring Car Championship driver Gabriele Tarquini at the wheel, has already gotten Honda close to the lap record. Scroll down to read Honda's brief press release about the upcoming Type R, and, more importantly, to listen to the car as it's throttled around the track.

Not sure why, but I can't see it being faster than my cobalt.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I'll never understand company decisions to NOT bring performance cars to the US. We are the biggest consumers of performance cars in the world. I would expect there to be waiting lists for this car if it hit the US.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
we'll be getting a neutered NA version with a wing, wheels and SI badge on the back. i really dont understand why the type r is going to be euro only

Yeah, seems like their "performance" trimmed stuff here is under powered for what it is, and quite frankly the mileage it gets. In a way I'd rather have my R18 that sips swill gas with brakes and handling as a package than the SI's premium guzzling K20/K24 that makes 50hp more and an extra gear to swear at in I290 traffic jams. I mean, that just says to me get something small and turbo or get an LS car and just take a few more MPG off for a lot more power.

Then again, if this makes it state side it could be quite the looker. I could see the engines AND replacement parts for them being highly sought after. Hell, if someone's smart they'll figure out how to smuggle in a few containers of parts provided they're not at the edge power capacity wise when Honda builds these engines which I really doubt.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, seems like their "performance" trimmed stuff here is under powered for what it is, and quite frankly the mileage it gets. In a way I'd rather have my R18 that sips swill gas with brakes and handling as a package than the SI's premium guzzling K20/K24 that makes 50hp more and an extra gear to swear at in I290 traffic jams. I mean, that just says to me get something small and turbo or get an LS car and just take a few more MPG off for a lot more power.

Then again, if this makes it state side it could be quite the looker. I could see the engines AND replacement parts for them being highly sought after. Hell, if someone's smart they'll figure out how to smuggle in a few containers of parts provided they're not at the edge power capacity wise when Honda builds these engines which I really doubt.
I'd rather we GET the cars that Europe has. GM has the Vauxhaul Astra VXR which is pretty much Bonkers, they also have the Renault Megane RS, and other great cars that we never see here.

Ford finally brought the Focus ST here, but its not even their Top Dog, thats the RS. They kind of crippled it in the corners with the E-Diff compared to a true mechanical unit, but handling wise its sharp as a tack and sticks like glue.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'd rather we GET the cars that Europe has. GM has the Vauxhaul Astra VXR which is pretty much Bonkers, they also have the Renault Megane RS, and other great cars that we never see here.

Ford finally brought the Focus ST here, but its not even their Top Dog, thats the RS. They kind of crippled it in the corners with the E-Diff compared to a true mechanical unit, but handling wise its sharp as a tack and sticks like glue.

Yeah, I agree with you on that and also Aussie cars. For some reason they get cool shit that never trickles down here. The "lowly" Ford 250 inline six there has a modern version that's compared with the 2JZ, but you'd never know it evolved past the built in cast iron manifold stage if you look at the stuff we have here in the states. Not only that but they got shit like 3800 supercharged RWD cars. Think about how cool that would be here.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, I agree with you on that and also Aussie cars. For some reason they get cool shit that never trickles down here. The "lowly" Ford 250 inline six there has a modern version that's compared with the 2JZ, but you'd never know it evolved past the built in cast iron manifold stage if you look at the stuff we have here in the states. Not only that but they got shit like 3800 supercharged RWD cars. Think about how cool that would be here.

Yes, GM needs to bring the Aussie stuff over here. HSV and FPV have got it going on, and the Aussies gets such cool stuff.

I'm glad the Mustang is getting the 2.3L Ecoboost engine as an option.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info