Soooo the C7 Z06 (Z07, whatever) will be supercharged?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
We can also see something going on under the front-end disguise. Looking through the camouflage covering, there seems to be a revised front fascia with new aerodynamic bits to the sides of the grille opening, which also are obscured. The camouflage on the hood is hiding what seems to be a larger hood bump, which we believe is meant to make room for hood vents and the supercharger Chevrolet is rumored to be adding to the Z06-spec LT4 V8. The new powerplant should be good for 600-650 horsepower.

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-spy-shots001-1.jpg

2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-spy-shots005-1.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The leaked CAD files of the GenV engines showed a roots blower on one of the engines. Nothing new. I would imagine the ZR1 will be turbo'd. This is actually good news because I imagine the engine won't be hand built like the LS7 and LS9. That should make for a cheaper package.

Corvette-C7-CAD-Engine-2-582x436.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I never said they were faster than turbos. :rofl: Just saying the sound of a blower is badass. Youtube any 03+ Cobra and prepare to change your underwear. At least IMO.

I was just fucking around man. I love the sound of both and have owned vehicles with all types on them. I don't like the sound of the Eatons on the Cobras, however I do like the sound of the Kenne Bell 2.2's and 2.4's on them.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The leaked CAD files of the GenV engines showed a roots blower on one of the engines. Nothing new. I would imagine the ZR1 will be turbo'd. This is actually good news because I imagine the engine won't be hand built like the LS7 and LS9. That should make for a cheaper package.

Corvette-C7-CAD-Engine-2-582x436.jpg

Hand built just makes it seem more impressive and worth the money though doesn't it? I mean I'm sure this thing will be super expensive. I'd like it to be made in America by hand instead of a robot mass producing my small fortune purchase. Just my 2 cents. Something to be said for things that are done by hand and the care that goes into them

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
"Hand built" is just an excuse to charge more. The Vette is not a limited or low number production car compared to other "supercars". Hand built on a Lambo or hell, even the GTR, makes more sense. On a Vette, I could give two fucks.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
"Hand built" is just an excuse to charge more. The Vette is not a limited or low number production car compared to other "supercars". Hand built on a Lambo or hell, even the GTR, makes more sense. On a Vette, I could give two fucks.

I was more referring to like a zr1 level build something out of reach for most people new, not like just a zo6 either way I see what u mean

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info