2200 hp AWD SALEEN S7

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
The same reason drag cars are trailered to the drag strip.

With the right use of technology I don't see any issues with it being just fine on the street. Most typical drag cars you see at the strip utilize pretty low technology which kills street reliability and driveability; let alone the fact that they don't need to be built for street use so why waste the money to give a drag car capability that it doesn't need. However, if the aim is for this to be a street car, which is what most are assuming here, then I don't see any reason why it cannot be with the right parts. Obviously it will not be a daily driver or road trip car, but there is much that can be done these days especially when you have lots of money to invest like these guys likely do.

Tommygm3

Starin' At The World Through My Rearview
Aug 7, 2011
With the right use of technology I don't see any issues with it being just fine on the street. Most typical drag cars you see at the strip utilize pretty low technology which kills street reliability and driveability; let alone the fact that they don't need to be built for street use so why waste the money to give a drag car capability that it doesn't need. However, if the aim is for this to be a street car, which is what most are assuming here, then I don't see any reason why it cannot be with the right parts. Obviously it will not be a daily driver or road trip car, but there is much that can be done these days especially when you have lots of money to invest like these guys likely do.

Most obvious reason would be water only passes through the heads on those motors. I highly doubt that's something you want to be street driving. At a certain horsepower level you cannot get away without half filling or completley filling a block or even more extreme in this case buying a completely custom billet block that has no water jackets. Now I'm not saying 1500+ hp motors aren't somewhat streetable these days because in certain applications it can be, usually dialed back a little for street duty tho but with this type of proline motor is definitely not.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Most obvious reason would be water only passes through the heads on those motors. I highly doubt that's something you want to be street driving. At a certain horsepower level you cannot get away without half filling or completley filling a block or even more extreme in this case buying a completely custom billet block that has no water jackets. Now I'm not saying 1500+ hp motors aren't somewhat streetable these days because in certain applications it can be, usually dialed back a little for street duty tho but with this type of proline motor is definitely not.

I do not know the specifics of the particular engine used in the S7TT build, but with enough money I don't see why this vehicle cannot be made streetable. It is obvious that the builders aren't averted to uber-custom work that costs copious amounts of money, so with enough cash the sky is the limit especially when it comes to building a combo that hold the power but also a cooling system that keeps temps within check without sacrificing block strength to the point of it not being able to hold 2k+whp. It is just mechanical engineering.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL

I watched chris miller take this race car to 7-11 between rounds (he had to have his manifold welded by a local guy near the track and stopped at 7-11 on his way)

chris-miller.png

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Seen this a while ago... Motor makes 4000hp... Or 2281 AWHP / 1737 AWTQ... GOD DAAAMMMMNNNNNN!!!!

Spec.
*Proline billet 10.3L engine, made for custom specification at 4000HP power level for 1/4 and one mile racing.
*Air shifted sequential transmission with torque converter.
*Race AWD conversion including billet custom "smart" AWD transfer case.
*RWD/AWD mod switch on/off
*ProEFI ECU and Racepak solutions.
*Twin 100mm turbochargers with dual water/ice intercoolers.

Here is the engine, You can buy it for a small price...
PLR 526/572 481X 4000+ HP - Pro Line Racing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info