Murica - FY

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
01-2013-dodge-dart628.jpg

http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/x574260271/Chrysler-plant-on-pace-to-turn-out-300-000-vehicles

Workers at the Belvidere Chrysler plant are on pace to turn out more than 300,000 vehicles, which would be just the fifth time that has happened in the plant's history.

In July, workers turned out 23,466 Dodge Darts, Jeep Compasses and Jeep Patriots. That was 47.1 percent above July 2012 production levels.

In fact, production has been higher year over year every month of 2013 and 185,261 vehicles already had rolled out of the plant by the end of July.

In 2009, in the depths of the Great Recession, workers assembled just 84,609 vehicles.

Through July, workers are on pace to build about 318,000 cars and small SUVs. The plant has turned out more than 300,000 vehicles four times since it opened in 1966.

Read more: http://www.rrstar.com/blogs/alexgar...ce-to-turn-out-300-000-vehicles#ixzz2cedLFgW1

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
um they sold 6k in the month of july... hows that bad? and 51k so far this year... hows that bad?

we build 300k cars... 60-70% of which are the jeep compass and jeep patriot (because they sell a lot overseas - 60 countries to be exact - the dart is only sold in the US and Canada so far)

300k cars is a huge thing for the American economy weather you like Chrysler or not...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:gives:
um they sold 6k darts in the month of july... hows that bad? and 51k darts so far this year... hows that bad?

we build 300k cars... 60-70% of which are the jeep compass and jeep patriot (because they sell a lot overseas - 60 countries to be exact - the dart is only sold in the US and Canada so far)

300k cars is a huge thing for the American economy weather you like Chrysler or not...

fixed to make more sensE?

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
What
I get that you work there but why should I be impressed by building 300k cars? If they sold that many I'd be impressed.

you sir are a complete idiot - its showing that the economy is picking up and US production is way up as well!

Because they didn't sell 17k. Sounds like they're making too many compared to how many sell. :dunno:

So they made 23k but sold 6k. Uhhhhhh

if you actually new how to read... you might understand a little better, but even then I doubt it... you make Sools look intelligent!

23,466 Dodge Darts, Jeep Compasses and Jeep Patriots. That was 47.1 percent above July 2012 production levels

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
You should be nicer seeing as we fucking bailed you out. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have a fucking job, scumbag.

oooooook you're an idiot. Bitch about the people on welfare and spending it on crack, not our fellow tcgers that work for a company that took a bailout from our government. Calling him a scumbag because he is proud of his job and one of their accomplishments blatantly shows your ignorance.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
oooooook you're an idiot. Bitch about the people on welfare and spending it on crack, not our fellow tcgers that work for a company that took a bailout from our government. Calling him a scumbag because he is proud of his job and one of their accomplishments blatantly shows your ignorance.

absofuckinglutely.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
You should be nicer seeing as we fucking bailed you out. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have a fucking job, scumbag.

as if my tax dollars didn't go to this as well? might I add that after Fiat bought Chrysler - your tax dollars were paid back IN FULL - WITH INTEREST years before they were due (ehm ehm... chevy... just sayin... and ford took major tax breaks to prevent bankruptcy) - talk to your government about why you didn't get your money back :rofl:

Lol you are such a twat
:rofl:

Dam that's a lot of cars/trucks.
Soooo....... When is the SRT coming out? :jg:
was supposed to be AWD turbo... next year - but Fiat changed its plans (1500 ram diesel, and more Fiat cars to the US instead) so its on hold again... although I am looking forward to the 2 seat mid engine RWD fiat coming soon...

:h5:

That's awesome!!

I had to lol a bit though. I cane believe 3 out of the top 4 highest production years involved the Omni and Horizon

What else has been assembled there besides the Neon?

that was my first thought too... heres the history of the plant from the website... I highlighted the important stuff

Floor Space: Nearly 5 million square feet

Acreage: 280 acres

Products: Dodge Dart, Jeep® Compass and Jeep Patriot

Employment: 4,523 (4,326 hourly; 197 salaried) operating on a 3-2-120 work pattern

Robotics: 945

Union Local: UAW Locals 1268 and 1761

Plant History: Plant was constructed in 1964-65. The first car was produced on July 7, 1965. The product line from 1965 to 1977 included the Plymouth and Dodge two-door and four-door models, and station wagons, and the Chrysler Town & Country station wagon.

In 1977, the plant was converted to front-wheel drive production. From 1978-1987, the product lines included Plymouth Horizon and Dodge Omni.

In 1987, the plant underwent a $367 million state-of-the-art, 16-week model changeover to produce the Chrysler New Yorker and Dodge Dynasty, the company's full-size front-wheel drive four-door sedans. Two years later, the plant underwent a $72 million model changeover for production of 1990 models that included the Chrysler Imperial and New Yorker Salon.

In 1994, the plant was converted to produce the Plymouth and Dodge Neon. Production of the Neon ended in September 2005. The Dodge Caliber was launched in December 2005, followed by the Jeep Compass in May 2006 and Jeep Patriot in December 2006. The last Dodge Caliber rolled off the line on Dec. 19, 2011.
In October 2010, Chrysler Group announced that it would invest $600 million to support the production of future models in 2012. The investment included the construction of a 638,000-square-foot body shop as well as the installation of new machinery, tooling and material handling equipment. On Feb. 2, 2012, Chrysler Group announced that the original $600 million investment had increased to $700 million and that the plant would add 1,800 jobs by the third quarter of 2012, which included nearly 500 for production of the all-new Dodge Dart. The 3-2-120 operating pattern -- three crews working four 10 hours days on two shifts for 120 production hours per week -- was implemented on July 23, 2012.

In January 2012, the Dodge Dart was revealed at the North American International Auto Show, showcasing the combined engineering and technologies of Chrysler Group and Fiat. Production of the new Dart began on April 30, 2012.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info