May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2014-chevy-corvette-c7%20-%2005.jpg

Full Review:
2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray [w/video] First Drive - Autoblog

The Verdict:
Overall, I was really impressed by the all-new C7 – it is the best Corvette I have ever driven.

But the elephant in the room remains obvious comparisons to the SRT Viper and Porsche 911. Lacking the three cars to drive back-to-back but having driven all three separately, my take is that the Viper remains the most engaging, exciting and visceral of the three. Despite SRT's attempt to tame it, it is an exotic that has a raw edge purposely engineered to increase heart rates when its V10 roars to life. The Porsche 911 remains the gentleman of the pack, with the best build quality and a rear-mounted flat-six demeanor that gives up some overall performance in exchange for impressive refinement, poise and class.

The all-new C7 Stingray emerges as the most versatile sports car of the trio, and a technological masterpiece. It is a performance bargain – by a large margin – and it offers the best balance between daily driver civility and track-ready capability. Unlike each of its six predecessors, which have always seemed to fall short of a complete package, Chevy has finally delivered a Corvette that raises the bar without any excuses.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info