Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Well then...

2014-chevrolet-ss.jpg

Before we even saw the production version of the 2014 Chevrolet SS, Mark Reuss, GM's president in North America, had our attention when he referred to the car as a "four-door Corvette." And just like the 'Vette, it's going to cost you a pretty penny to park one of Chevy's new halo performance sedans in your driveway. When it goes on sale in the fourth quarter of this year, the new SS will have a starting price of $44,470 (*including $995 for destination), which is only about $5,000 less than the current C6 Corvette and around $7,500 less than the all-new Corvette Stingray.

Now, for this price, the SS will bring its 415-horsepower, 3,975-pound self to the party delivering performance that is expected to allow the sedan to hit 60 miles per hour in "about five seconds." As for equipment, the 2014 SS will come packaged with just a single, fully loaded trim level that includes a head-up display, headed and cooled front seats, Chevrolet MyLink and a Bose audio system. Aside from a $900 sunroof and $500 spare tire package, the only choice you'll have to make when buying an SS is the color.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
If you wanna be stuck with a total pile of shit. They are cheap and don't retain value for a reason.

Ummmm, I guess we'll just agree to disagree. The 2011+ charger's are some of my favorite cars. 2012's have very little problems and the interiors are light years ahead of the camero and mustang.

I understand they're heavy and not the fastest thing down the 1/4th, but for 32K out the door fully loaded, I would scoop one in a second.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Wow, that's a hefty price tag! That's a 50% increase over the price of a base G8 GT. I know I'm comparing to 2008 prices, but that is ridiculous!

I know that it has some upgrades over the G8, but I don't know if it is $15k worth of upgrades.

I hope my G8 lasts forever because I'm not paying $45k for a Chevy sedan.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Wow, that's a hefty price tag! That's a 50% increase over the price of a base G8 GT. I know I'm comparing to 2008 prices, but that is ridiculous!

I know that it has some upgrades over the G8, but I don't know if it is $15k worth of upgrades.

I hope my G8 lasts forever because I'm not paying $45k for a Chevy sedan.

Liken this to the old GXP, which was $38k when new. GXP had the LS3, and so does this. Add navigation and a ton of options the G8 never had, like blind spot warning, lane departure warning, HUD, and a much nicer interior, and this is what you get. Adjusted for inflation, the 2009 GXP would be $41,000 in 2013.

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Forget the GT. That's $2k more than the GXP was AFTER "gas guzzler tax". I'm guessing they think they're going to capitalize on all the people who couldn't get a G8 and are still pining for one. This is going to backfire on them horribly, which is a shame because they're going to waste an opportunity to revive sales with an excellent car, not unlike the way dealers killed the sales of the G8 when it first got here by raising the prices $1k - $5k over MSRP, which defeated the car's purpose of best performance bang for the buck.

The price can't be justified, plain and simple. Way to drop the ball for the millionth time, GM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info