Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
When VW introduced the Bugatti Veyron in 2005, it held the record for the fastest street legal car at 408km/h; the record would later get broken by its successor the Veyron Super Sport at a comfortable 431km/h. CAR Magazine has now uncovered fresh details regarding the upcoming Bugatti Super Veyron, which is set to hit a top speed of 288mph or 463km/h.

Other details include its 0-60mph time which is 1.8 seconds and an even richer utilization of carbon fiber. Set to debut at the 2013 IAA Motor Show, the Super Veyron will feature enhanced quad-turbo setup in the W16 engine and a possibility of a 9.6 liters displacement. The powerhouse will then develop a total of 1,600bhp.

If the above details come true, the Super Veyron will not only go faster than a Formula One race car but will also smoke out other cars such as the upcoming Ferrari Enzo replacement and McLaren P1.

Bugatti Super Veyron to Hit 463km/h?

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I understand it's supposed to be a status symbol first and foremost...But, for anything else, it seems like a huge waste of money. You can buy a number of other exotic cars and get them to perform just as well/reliably for a fraction of the cost. IE: The UGR Gallardos(and now the Aventador's they're doing).

So, for being mega-rich and wanting to roll up to a club in style...sure. For wanting to go fast? Hell no.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
April Fools?

No...not really. 300 mph street legal production car is within reach. Sure, it will cost 2 times as much as the average person makes in their lifetime, but the fact it is possible kind of makes you wonder.

I mean, I remember when I was in high school and the Viper came out...400 HORSEPOWER! Everyone was like, "WOW...when will you EVER need that sort of power?" Within 10 years, you could go buy a brand new Camaro / Trans Am for $35K. Then with minimal mods (like an underdrive pulley, intake and a tune) you were within the 400 horsepower realm. Basically, you had yourself a budget Viper.

Also, you judged a car's speed by what it did in the 1/4 mile. I mean, the G92 optioned Trans Am 305 cid with 225 horse was faster in the 1/4 than the 350 cid Trans Am with 235 horse. It didn't really matter what sort of power you had, it was your power to weight ratio. Today, the problem is trying to get the power to the ground. When you have a stock production car with 500, 600 or more horsepower, you can't really judge the car if all you're doing is burning up the tires at the start.

So, things have progressed extremely fast in the past decade or 2, as far as the technology behind what you can do to a car and how much it can effect and affect the entire car. The slightest suspension mod can make a 1/4 mile time improve significantly...so it's not necessarily about power anymore.

The name of the game TODAY is overall performance and we are right on the cusp of watching automotive numbers go absolutely crazy...and THIS car is part of that new dawn!

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Whoops! Fixed!

BTW...I graduated high school in 1991. At that time, a new T/A or Z-28 had 235 hp stock from the factory (from the 350 cid TPI). In 2001, you could get a 330 hp LS powered V8 Cam' or 'Bird from the dealer. With the SLP air lid, SLP Underdrive pulley, exhaust and a tune, you were looking at 365 to 400 horses...depending.

Within a year or 2, the new Z-28 will have around 500 horsepower from the LS7...WTF!?! If you look at the stock to stock comparo's from 1968 to present, the fastest factory Camaro trapped around [email protected] according to Car and Driver magazine. By 1983, the Z28 ran a 15 sec. @ 93 mph. In 1990, you were looking at around mid 14's. Then by 1999, the Camaro was doing 13.8 sec. @104 mph. In other words, it took 30 years to catch the original. Today, you are running a near 13 second flat in the trap at 109 mph on a stock SS. What the heck will these things be doing in 5 years?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info