Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
BOOM

The 2014 CTS will break cover next week at the New York Auto Show, but Cadillac has released a few details of what we can expect to find under the car's hood. As we saw in some spy shots back in January, the biggest news for the midsize Caddy will be a twin-turbocharged V6 producing a whopping 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque.

This LF3 engine will be paired to a new eight-speed automatic transmission, which will help balance performance and fuel economy. We still don't know how much the 2014 CTS has grown in terms of size and weight, but General Motors says that new sedan will return 17 miles per gallon in the city and 25 mpg highway with the new engine to go with a 0-60 mile per hour time of 4.6 seconds – that means the new CTS will have the fuel economy close to the current base model sedan and acceleration not too far from the current CTS-V. General Motors also confirmed that this twin-turbo V6 will be available in the 2014 XTS this fall.

The next-generation CTS will carry over the 3.6-liter V6 from the current car (likely as a base engine) and also add the 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder from the ATS.

Cadillac confirms 420-hp twin-turbo V6 for 2014 CTS [w/videos]

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Dude. 3800 brah.

:s00ls:

lol... Honestly I don't know why they stopped making it without something else decent in the works. It's such a stout engine that they could have thrown a couple small turbos on it, popped out 300+ ft/lbs & HP and achieved better gas mileage. They're so married to old technology anyhow that it wouldn't have only been appropriate to have their flagship engines all be pushrod engines. Instead they dump it for that abysmal 3.6 which just blows... I don't care what anyone says.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
lol... Honestly I don't know why they stopped making it without something else decent in the works. It's such a stout engine that they could have thrown a couple small turbos on it, popped out 300+ ft/lbs & HP and achieved better gas mileage. They're so married to old technology anyhow that it wouldn't have only been appropriate to have their flagship engines all be pushrod engines. Instead they dump it for that abysmal 3.6 which just blows... I don't care what anyone says.

:fth:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info