RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I'll start with something I like...2014 Cruze diesel

The last time General Motors had a diesel passenger car in the US, it was the 1.8-liter 1986 Chevette. At the 2013 Chicago Auto Show today, GM is unveiling the much-anticipated 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel. The compact bows with a 2.0-liter turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine that boasts 148 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, with full twist coming on at just 2,000 rpm. What's more, the common-rail, direct-injection diesel features an overboost function that allows the engine to deliver up to 280 lb-ft of torque for 10 seconds at a time. Even with 10 more horsepower and 110 more pound-feet of torque than the available turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder in the Cruze, the 2.0-liter diesel engine can return up to 42 mpg (highway) bolted to its six-speed automatic transmission.

If you're counting, that figure meets the less powerful Cruze Eco with a six-speed manual transmission. More importantly, the auto transmission Cruze Diesel matches its main competition, the Volkswagen Jetta TDI, in highway fuel economy. The Cruze 2.0 TD (as it will be badged) can also handle up to 20 percent biodiesel (B20), whereas the Jetta is rated only for B5. General Motors has not released city fuel economy for its newest diesel, but we do know how much it will cost you to jump behind the driver's seat.

GM will kindly ask for $25,695, plus an $810 destination fee. That marks a $2,115 premium over a loaded Cruze LTZ Auto and $2,640 more than the Jetta TDI, though the MSRP will net you a leather interior, 17-inch alloy wheels and an Aero Performance Package, as well as a two-year maintenance plan and five-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. Compared to the gas-powered Cruze, you also lose a couple cubic feet of rear cargo space thanks to a 17-liter diesel emission fluid tank. That urea fluid, which helps put the clean in clean diesel, will need to be refilled at least every 10,000 miles.

The Cruze's diesel engine will be built in Kaiserslautern, Germany and the car will be produced starting in April at GM's plant in Lordstown, OH. Sales should kick off in May or June and cars will first roll out in 13 select states where GM has had success selling diesel-powered Silverado trucks. If you're thinking GM did something similar when the Volt was released, you're right. GM is again targeting buyers who are familiar and interested in a new (well, new since 1986, anyway) technology. This time, though, instead of zero emissions and li-ion, the audience knows that there's a significant difference between the label and real-world fuel efficiency of diesel vehicles, and so might be persuaded to do the math on higher diesel fuel costs and come to a favorable conclusion.

You can read the full press releases, both on the Cruze Diesel and its beating heart, below. Now we just have to wait for the wagon.

Attachments

• 2014-cruze-clean-turbo-diesel-opt.jpg
    2014-cruze-clean-turbo-diesel-opt.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 220

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
As we reported earlier, the Chicago showing of this plucky Ford Fiesta ST GRC racer points to bigger and brighter days for Global RallyCross. For the upcoming season, you can expect to see Ken Block and Tanner Foust both driving the Ford racecar, and if last season's results are any indication, you can anticipate quite a few podium appearances, as well.

The Fiesta seen here was built by the Swedes at OlsbergsMSE, and will be driven in anger by Foust in 2013. Modifications are, as you'd expect, extensive, and include an engine, exhaust and braking upgrades, a racing style short-throw shifter and a limited-slip differential. As you can see, the car has been fully stripped out and caged for maximum speed and safety, too.

Refresh your memories with the details of the car, in the press releases below. And if you head out to the Chicago Auto Show this year, don't forget to drop by the Ford stand to have a look.
Looks cool IMO

Attachments

• ford-fiesta-st-grc-racecar-chicago.jpg
    ford-fiesta-st-grc-racecar-chicago.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 210

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Making its debut at the Chicago Auto Show, this Ford TrackSTer is a build done in cooperation between Ford, Ken Block and Los Angeles-based tuner, Fifteen52. Starting with a stock 2013 Ford Focus ST, the TrackSTer received extensive styling and performance enhancements.

Visually, the TrackSTer has a more aggressive look that includes a new front fascia, vented hood, rear fascia diffuser and rear spoiler, but this car stands out the most with its wide, rally-style wheels and partial fender extensions. Interior changes consist of a racing steering wheel, aluminum race pedals and a short-throw shifter. Fifteen52 also made some performance upgrades that include a Ford Racing exhaust system, upgraded internal engine components, a limited-slip differential and a reprogrammed engine controller as well as track-ready parts like intercooler, clutch and brakes.
This looks horrible IMO

Attachments

• ford-focus-trackster-chicago.jpg
    ford-focus-trackster-chicago.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 204

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Toyota has pulled the curtain back on its 2014 Tundra, showing a truck that has gotten its most significant refresh since its launch as a 2007 model. For better or worse, however, the changes that Toyota has made to the fullsize pickup are mostly cosmetic, with the underpinnings of the vehicle staying unchanged.

The most obvious revision for 2014 is to the bluff front fascia of the truck. There's a new, taller squared-off grille decorating the Tundra's nose, along with a revised, three-part front bumper design. The optional black grille-frame strikes us as an acquired taste, to say the least, but other models, like the Limited above, is all clad in chrome. Fenders and wheel wells are more square than in the out-going truck, too. Perhaps most significant is the revised bed design, which Toyota calls "all-new," with new sheet metal on the sides, a revised tailgate and a very subtle integrated spoiler.

Inside, Toyota has given buyers some new seats and a new-look instrument panel. A backup camera (always handy on big trucks) is now standard equipment on all grades, as is Bluetooth connectivity. Blind spot monitoring is a new, optional feature as well. In all, as with the exterior mods, the changes in-cabin are far more evolutionary than revolutionary.

All of the oily/functional bits of the Tundra carryover from the existing lineup. A 4.0-liter, 270-horsepower 278-pound-feet of torque V6 is still the base engine, while two V8s – a 310-hp, 327-lb-ft 4.6-liter and a 381-hp, 401-lb-ft 5.7-liter – round out the offerings. The V6 hooks up to a five-speed automatic transmission, while both V8s make use of six gears.

Considering Toyota's recent lackluster performance versus the American truck competition, we're not sure this facelift will give the Tundra enough of a push to overtake the likes of all-new models from GM and Ram, or the segment-leader Ford F-150. Time, and shoppers' dollars, will tell.

This doesnt look any better definately not up to par to the big 3 IMO

Attachments

• 2014-toyota-tundra-opt.jpg
    2014-toyota-tundra-opt.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 212

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Nissan is adding yet another tier to the GT-R hierarchy for 2014 with the GT-R Track Edition. Debuting at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show, the bruiser ditches its back seat in the quest for a lower curb weight, and a set of more seriously bolstered front buckets keep occupants planted once the going gets twisty. The NĂĽrburgring-developed Track Edition offers an integrated carbon fiber front splitter with brake cooling ducts as well as an even harder-core suspension. Engineers swapped the stock bits for special Bilstein DampTronic shocks and paired them with more aggressive springs.

The engine still delivers 545 horsepower and 463 pound-feet of torque and still relies on the split-second quickness of the standard GT-R's six-speed dual-clutch transmission. Expect to see just 150 examples of the 2014 Nissan GT-R Track Edition land on American shores starting this May. In the interim, check out the full press release below for more information.

Sweet!!

Attachments

• 2014-nissan-gt-r-track-edition-chicago.jpg
    2014-nissan-gt-r-track-edition-chicago.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 207

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They sold a ton of passes to social media day (tomorrow) on Groupon. Shit was crowded last year too, almost like a public day. All the news debuted today so nothing is happening tomorrow. Some advice to everyone going tomorrow: people are still there trying to do their jobs. Stay out of the way of video and photo crews.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
They sold a ton of passes to social media day (tomorrow) on Groupon. Shit was crowded last year too, almost like a public day. All the news debuted today so nothing is happening tomorrow. Some advice to everyone going tomorrow: people are still there trying to do their jobs. Stay out of the way of video and photo crews.

Will you still be there tomorrow?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Da fuq???:ugh::ugh:

A new day is dawning, folks. The old-guard vans of our youth are being replaced with a new flock of European-inspired commercial vehicles from the likes of Ford, Nissan (Renault) and Mercedes-Benz. Here in Chicago, Ram pulled the covers off its entry into the reborn commercial van market with the 2014 Promaster, based on the well-known European Fiat Ducato.

Ram makes no bones about the Promaster's Fiat underpinnings, though the company claims it has beefed up the machine for US roads and uses with a re-engineered chassis, a more robust suspension setup, improved brakes (from Brembo), additional corrosion protection, improved climate control and additional safety systems.

Power comes from one of two powerplants options, one gas and one diesel. First up is Chrysler's well-known 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 rated at 280 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. For a bit more pulling power and durability, Ram is offering a new 3.0-liter four-cylinder diesel engine pumping out 174 hp and, more importantly, 295 lb-ft of torque at just 1,400 rpm. That engine sends its torquey goodness through a six-speed electronically controlled automated manual gearbox.

If you want the diesel, you'll be interested to know it carries 4,000 miles worth of urea diesel exhaust fluid. Oil change intervals are an impressive 18,500 miles apart, though – a bit odd, no? Ram is offering three different styles – Cargo Van, Chassis Cab or Chassis Cab Cutaway – and three wheelbase options, along with a low roof or high roof with or without an extended body. Max payload sits at 5,189 pounds and the max gross combined weight rating, with the diesel, is 12,500 pounds.

Attachments

• 2014-ram-promaster-opt.jpg
    2014-ram-promaster-opt.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 187

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
For a concept car built to promote an animated movie about a snail that wants to go racing, this thing ain't half bad. The outsized monster you see before you started life as a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, and then went through a big-time Hollywood makeover before being positioned on the Chevrolet stand here in Chicago.

This 2013 "Turbo" Camaro Coupe is getting the promotion machine ratcheted up for a new DreamWorks tale by the name of, you guessed it, Turbo. Coming this summer, the movie will follow one snail's quest to become a race driver worthy of making the cut at the Indy 500. Like many DreamWorks vehicles before it, we're guessing that the petrolhead snail will star in a movie that adults (especially racing fans) with have no trouble watching with their kids. Check out the trailer below to see if you agree.

As for the car, we're told that it is "instrumental" in transforming Turbo from snail into racer. Helping the beastly pony car in this mighty task, is an ankle-cracking front splitter matched by a ungodly huge rear wing out back, a COPO hood and a supercharged (yes, supercharged) V8 engine making more than 700 horsepower. 24-inch wheels all the way around – 10-inches wide in front and 15-inches wide in back – should allow the "Turbo" Camaro to hook up with ease, as well.
Cartoon car is cartoony...

Attachments

• 2013-turbo-chevrolet-camaro-chicago.jpg
    2013-turbo-chevrolet-camaro-chicago.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 182

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
So the auto show was AMAZING today. The media day passes were baller as hell IMO. I loved that there was hardly anyone there and we got to meet and chat with some cool folks.

We first met with Ken Block and had him sign Zack’s throttle body from his focus. And we also gave him a T/O shirt. We then hung around and started chatting about the blue ST that he is building and he wanted to know what we all thought and it was a pretty cool experience. We also chatted about how he should shoot his next gymkhana video here and to check out lower wacker area. He didn’t know what it was so we explained the scene from TDK and it seems he was intrigued enough to check it out and post a picture of downtown with the captions “where’s Batman?’ We then got a chance to meet Tanner Foust who was a great down to earth guy. We got him to sign the throttle body and a T/O shirt and we also gave him one. He was cool and asked what we were about and what not. The was a lot of people so we couldn’t chat forever but I would love to pick his brain,

We then headed to the Viper area and I got to sit in a new Viper and I am in love! My dick had to have been hard for a good ten minutes. Even in the ugly yellow, I fell in love. Absolute dream car.

Among walking around the Dodge area I catch a glimpse of a guy who I knew I had seen on TV before. He was just wearing a hoody and jeans and I didn’t think anything of it till he went over the glass wall of a red Viper on the floor and I realized that it was Ralph Gilles. I had the usual OMG moment and was shocked he was just chatting with everyone. So when he had a free moment I went up to him and shook his hand and personally thanked him for keeping the Viper alive. He was humble and I walked on. I think it was pretty cool.

On the GM side of this I was pleasantly surprised with the interior quality of the new Malibu’s and Impala’s. Very upscale. I felt they were defiantly better than a lot of their rivals. They had a new and an old Silverado close to one another and I must say that there isn’t a huge difference IMO. You can definitely notice the aero touches to the new ones and it came off with a feel of a 2500 sized pickup.

The Cruze diesel was a semi let down because they wouldn’t open the hood. But speaking with an engineer, they said that it is currently the cleanest diesel in a vehicle. Tailpipe emissions are almost non existent. And the “42MPG” estimate is definitely a low ball. And will get better if they decide to throw a manual transmission.

The Corvette is a lot better looking in person. The rear is a lot more appealing. I wish I had a chance to ask someone if they were going to change it since it seems everyone hates it. The aero stuff on that car is pretty cool but I did notice some waviness to the carbon parts. Could have just been the lights tho.

All in all the show was good. But if it wasn’t for the Corvette and Viper and the special passes I wouldn’t have gone. I read autoblog daily and keep up on everything and I know enough to not go.

Also the Jeep ride along is definitely worth the wait. It was some new touches this year

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info