đź“° Auto News Plug in hybrids are all the rage

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Owners of the Chevrolet Volt love the plug-in hybrid so much that 92 percent of them would buy it again.

That score beat out Corvette and Porsche 911 owners by one percentage point, according to the latest owner satisfaction survey from Consumer Reports. Unlike the magazine's lengthy annual reliability report, the owner satisfaction survey is about time travel. Well, almost: The single-question survey asked owners of 2010 to 2013 models if they would buy the same vehicle if they could "do it all over again."

From the responses, which included more than 240 models and 350,000 specific vehicles, 44 cars ranked among the most satisfying. To achieve that rating, at least 80 percent of owners had to respond "definitely yes" to that hypothetical question.

Not surprisingly, most owners of fast cars were happy with their present lives. Buyers of the Chevrolet Camaro SS, Audi S4 and even the Mazda Miata scored 84 percent, and V8 versions of the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger scored 87 and 90 percent, respectively.

Owners of hybrids and electric cars, given their smug clouds, were of course in little doubt. In addition to the Volt, the Toyota Prius, Camry Hybrid and Nissan Leaf all scored 85 percent or higher. Even owners of the new Prius c, a car that Consumer Reports absolutely hates, scored 87 percent. Diesel owners were feeling good, too, with 80 percent cheering for the Volkswagen Golf TDI, but only 77 percent were confident they would buy the Audi A3 TDI.

Luxury car owners love the Audi A7 (90 percent), Lexus GS (89 percent) and 6-cylinder Audi A6 (88 percent). We would, too.

Then there are the people who hate their car and would change everything. Nissan Versa owners gave the survey's lowest satisfaction numbers, at just 49 percent. Many owners of the Mitsubishi Outlander, Suzuki SX4, Nissan Armada and V6 versions of the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra also were desperate to go back in time. (Seriously, people, you really thought a V6 in a full-size GM pickup was a good idea?)

We could think of other life decisions in our past that we'd happily do "all over again." Then again, maybe we wouldn't. Or would we? Please, Consumer Reports, never ask this question again

This is awesome for the Volt! Not suprised for the versa or SX4.

R53 DeceptiCoop

No Dick Team Octane?
Apr 9, 2012
Wheaton, IL
I think 92% would buy another Volt just to pat themselves on the fucking back again. I have never seen so many self-gratifying, I Wanna Suck Captain Planet's Dick fucks in my life as hybrid owners. They don't want to save the environment, they just want to be trendy cunts who drive like assholes for less money. I had a late 40 something guy with aviators in a Prius with a Harley bumper sticker try to mean mug the fuck out of me the other day because I was sitting next to him loping the fuck out in my 10mpg pickup, I guess power makes his ears hurt, but you know what- fuck that ******, he should have saved his pouty lips for the black cock he was undoubtedly hurrying home too.

Woosah-ok, the rage is settling.
Have a good night ya'll!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I think 92% would buy another Volt just to pat themselves on the fucking back again. I have never seen so many self-gratifying, I Wanna Suck Captain Planet's Dick fucks in my life as hybrid owners. They don't want to save the environment, they just want to be trendy cunts who drive like assholes for less money. I had a late 40 something guy with aviators in a Prius with a Harley bumper sticker try to mean mug the fuck out of me the other day because I was sitting next to him loping the fuck out in my 10mpg pickup, I guess power makes his ears hurt, but you know what- fuck that ******, he should have saved his pouty lips for the black cock he was undoubtedly hurrying home too.

Have a good night ya'll!

The volt just like the Prius causes a large amount of Smug pollution

images

george_clooney_cloud.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
So much hate for a car that you guys will never own. Honestly, I'd rock a volt, but there are so many other cars i'd rather own first. It's not a bad car and honestly it would be bad ass to not have to stop at a gas station especially in the freezing ass winter. Just like a cell phone, just charge it every night from the comfort of you garage. And this is coming from someone that gives a shit less about the environment. For example, I just pored 6 quarts of used motor oil at a nature preserve just to do my part of destroying our planet. You guys can thank me later.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I don't know I'd buy a Volt for myself unless I was burdened with a bunch of disposable income but I'm not against it. Its the first electric car I like the concept of and could see myself living with day to day. All of the Hybrids out there like this Prius are still combustion engine driven cars with an electric motor to help the tree hugger factor a little bit and not worth the extra cost over a normal economy car but the Volt would actually save money on gas on a considerable level for my commute and still be useful on long trips.

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
I don't know I'd buy a Volt for myself unless I was burdened with a bunch of disposable income but I'm not against it. Its the first electric car I like the concept of and could see myself living with day to day. All of the Hybrids out there like this Prius are still combustion engine driven cars with an electric motor to help the tree hugger factor a little bit and not worth the extra cost over a normal economy car but the Volt would actually save money on gas on a considerable level for my commute and still be useful on long trips.

:werd:

I'd love the ability to drive to and from work every day without spending a cent on gas. Epic concept.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
How long before Volt owners are having issues with the gas in their tanks going bad and the engine not running properly?

i recall reading that the system monitors fuel life and will run the engine even if not required to make sure the fuel does not go stale and keep the engine in shape

but with modern evap systems it's sealed up well that fuel life is increased as is

Shells_04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Elgin, Il
Thinking of buying a hybrid or electric vehicle to ease the pain at the pump? You may want to think again: A TrueCar.com study commissioned by the New York Times shows that, except in three cases, fuel-efficient technology is so expensive that these types of cars take years to pay off at today's gas prices—and that remains true even if gas were to hit $5 per gallon. In some cases, the average driver would take more than a decade to see savings over comparable conventional vehicles, which is a problem since the average person owns a car just six years. Most fuel-efficient cars will be more expensive to purchase and to drive for five years, at minimum.
Hybrid Cars Don't Pay: Study - Except for a few models, hybrids and electric cars take years to pay off
In my opinion this article and prolly others are good reason not to buy a hybrid unless I plan on keeping it for an extended period of time. It seems people who buy hybrids aren't concern with saving the planet but saving money at the gas pump. This article proves, to me, that a hybrid isn't worth it.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The thing is that electric vehicle technology like the volt and leaf are in their infantsy. Give them a few more years to refine that technology and I guarantee that just like any emerging technology they will develope more efficient models and at a cheaper price. For something that is rather a new technology in the mass consumer market these cars are showing their potential.

Brb, doing a wot pull and burning 2 gallons of gas to shake the tree hugger thinking in this post.

Shells_04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Elgin, Il
Youre right and make a valid point. Would i buy a hybrid, no. My commute is 42 miles one way to work and it's mostly expressway driving. I like having a car that can accelerate well and a Prius sure as hell won't and it won't run off the battery at 70 mph. So a car like that prolly wouldn't save me a dime over the time I'd own one. Not that I would but I'm just saying that as an example.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

Have a good night ya'll!

Truer words have never been spoken. hats off to you sir

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info