đź“° Auto News 2014 Chevrolet Corvette To Debut at 2013 Detroit Auto Show

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
6a00d83451b3c669e2017c329e6c2e970b-800wi

2014 Chevrolet Corvette To Debut at 2013 Detroit Auto Show - KickingTires

GM's latest announcement about the next-generation Corvette is all tell and no show. Chevy announced that the 2014 C7 Corvette will meet the press and the public on Jan. 13, 2013, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Instead of a teaser photo, however, the automaker released the new car's badge.

The Crossed Flags logo — worn by the Corvette since its 1953 debut — gets a more angular look for 2014. "The flags are much more modern, more technical and more detailed than before — underscoring the comprehensive redesign of the entire car," Ed Welburn, GM vice president of global design, said in a statement.

Details are slim about the seventh-generation Corvette, but GM did say that it'll be almost entirely new. "There are only two carryover parts from the C6 used in the C7 — the cabin air filter and the rear latch for the removable roof panel," Tadge Juechter, Corvette chief engineer, said in a statement.

Chevrolet said it'll continue to rollout 2014 Corvette details on its Facebook page and through Twitter, @Chevrolet (#Corvette). Check back with us as we learn more.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I'm actually most interested in what that next gen motor is gonna bring to the table in terms of innovation

the big rumor is 5.5l Direct injection. More rumors state 485hp..... That would be for the base. The Z06 probably wont be released for another year after like back in 06. But those are the "popular" rumors from corvetteforum.com. And there are quite a few GM and BG plant employees that post there, so who knows.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Ill tell you what. The GM people who design the corvette have had 8 years of C6 production time to make the C7. And it better be the end all be all of corvettes. The C6 is still a badass car. I can only imagine what could be better on the C7. Here would be my wishlist.

1. There is entirely too much rubber/plastic around the leading edges of the removable top/doors and windows. I would like to see a much cleaner sealing system for the removable top and side windows that wont show wear within a minute of ownership.

2. The elephant in the room - the inferior.....i mean interior. Its the laughing stock of the world. I dont need real carbon fiber or wood. Just some nice quality materials that feel solid and dont rattle on every crack in the road. I have had two almost brand new vettes, and both cars turned out to be rattle monsters. I have given up on my current car.

3. They NEED to figure out how and why the clutch system needs to be bled daily in the manual cars to stop the clutch from gluing itself to the floor during hard usage. Its almost part of the maintenance now with the C6 to do the fluid swaps. Fucking annoying.

4. Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick Tick - The LS motors are sewing machines at idle and like 2k rpm. Its also very annoying to listen to this.

5. Factory nav. They better have their shit together like Ford does. Im sure it will have their new crap like the other new GM cars have, but it should be even better and more sleek since its a corvette. Who wants to have the same nav system as a volt in your vette??

6. Tunnel heat. Drive a corvette for more than an hour, and your right leg will be baked to a crisp. I cant believe that in the 8 years of production, they couldnt fit a heat shield down there?? This better be a non-issue in the new car.

7. The fob issues. Its a great theory, but bearly works in practice. My car beeps at me all the time thinking the fob is still in the car. Its in my fucking pocket stupid car. And when you are inside the car with it, you get locked in and it wont start if it cant smell it or something. Gay. I just want a real key.

8. popping top. Any C6 at some point will have the removable top popping when you go over bumps. Once again, bad design that they left in play for the entire run of the C6. My 07 did it and my 11 does it. There are no TSBs for the new cars to fix it, just poor attempts from tech that think they know whats wrong. Both my cars have been in several times and nobody has found a fix. You can only slap so much grease on there before you should call it a "no-fix". Not even a bandaid.

9. They better keep the NPP/dual mode exhaust. Its dope, and works well.

10. Make hud standard. Thats a trademark corvette feature, and I still dont have it on my $60k 2LT Grand Sport????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info