đź“° Auto News Porsche 911 Carrera S nails down 7:37.9 'Ring time [w/video]

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:bowdown:

Porsche released a video of its 911 Carrera S lapping the NĂĽrburgring last month, and with a time of 7:37.9, the quintessential sports coupe continues to impress. With Timo Kluck behind the wheel, this Carrera S posted better times around the 'Ring than the 997 911 Turbo and, according to PorscheBoost, it even knocked a full two seconds off the time the Carrera S recorded last year.

The run took place on August 28, but Porsche only published the video this week. After checking recorded lap times posted on Wikipedia, the 911's run was faster than independent tests of the Lexus LFA, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, Nissan GT-R and Ferrari 458 Italia (which all posted times of 7:38). That's good company if you ask us.

Scroll down to watch Kluck and the 911 tackle the Nordschleife.

crazy what "just" a carrera S is doing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnSpVN0-wio

7:37,9 - Hot Lap with the new Porsche 911 Carrera S - YouTube

Porsche 911 Carrera S nails down 7:37.9 'Ring time [w/video]

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
The ZR1's groundbreaking lap was 7:26 .. four years ago. This mid-range 911 is 11 seconds slower through 154 turns. When the Turbo comes, I think it's gonna close that gap significantly and may even thrash that time itself. I don't see how it couldn't, it will be very interesting to see what Stuttgart brings to the table. I would like to see them back on top and reign supreme in the sports car world once again where they belong. :jg:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
918 Spyder, albeit a hyper-car, has only the Viper ACR ahead of it, and that's a pre-production. I think come production time, that it will be significantly faster.

Plus the main point of contention that this Porsche is "only" the Carrera S. In its current configuration it MSRP's within $5k of the ZR1. With the turbo model with AWD, revised sport suspension, and quicker PDK, I would say the time would plummet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the low 7:20's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info