đź“° Auto News Supercharged 'Cuda possible

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Previous rumors suggested that Dodge would completely do away with its Challenger muscle car in favor of a new Barracuda model, but a new report indicates that might not exactly be the case.

While a Barracuda appears to be in the cards, the new model will actually co-exist with the Challenger, according to Automotive News.

The Challenger will get a slight update in 2013 – including the addition of launch control – with a redesigned version of the car scheduled for the 2015 model year. The new Challenger will ride on an updated platform that should see about two or three inches lopped off of its wheelbase. The Challenger will presumably be offered in base and R/T versions, but the flagship model will be left to Chrysler's SRT division.

In lieu of a Challenger SRT8, Chrysler's SRT brand will build a high-performance version of the car under the Barracuda nameplate. The Barracuda will be aimed at vehicles like the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and Ford Shleby GT500, boasting a brand new 6.2L supercharged V8 engine.

Both the new Challenger and Barracuda are expected to arrive during the first half of 2014.

taken from:
Dodge Challenger to co-exist with SRT-badged Barracuda

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I'm guessing it'll be slower than both the Ford and Chevy, but I'll like it more!

'THE' Ford and the Chevy? Don't know or care about chebbies, but Ford has more than just Mustangs.

Seen what a EcoBoost SHO with a X Cal chip can lay down in the 1/4 mile? Add to that AWD and see what happens to the Fiat/Chrysler in the twisties? Nothing pretty to report to the Fiat/Chrysler boys and girls.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
'THE' Ford and the Chevy? Don't know or care about chebbies, but Ford has more than just Mustangs.

Seen what a EcoBoost SHO with a X Cal chip can lay down in the 1/4 mile? Add to that AWD and see what happens to the Fiat/Chrysler in the twisties? Nothing pretty to report to the Fiat/Chrysler boys and girls.

I think it goes from a high 13second SHO to a mid to low 13 second SHO. Not that impressive

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

Have you actually driven the latest Taurus/ SHO? It's a portly shitheap of a car that does little well other than straight line performance (and even that is questionable). There's nothing impressive about it in the twisties either. It rides well for it's size and handles well relative to other sedans but not relative to other sports sedans.

I don't consider a 4300lb sedan that has a 127ft stopping distance and a 63mph slalom to be sporty. It's a nice Taurus but to call that pig a SHO or brag about it as if it's something great just seems silly. The only thing it shares in common with the original car is that Ford Shoehorned an exceptional engine into a mediocre car, skipped every other aspect that makes a car sporty and then offered it up for sale. For the price tag they put on it you can get much nicer cars that don't feel like a rental car on the inside.

365hp sounds nice until you see that it weighs over 2 tons. When you drive one you realize that it's the same carp Ford has put out for the last 10 years, just with some new lipstick. They even kept the mediocre brakes from the old car... for the heritage. lol

Even used it's not a bargain. You can pick up a 2010 535i for less than a 2010 SHO, put it in the 12's for $1000 and have a car with respectable build quality that actually handles.

Sorry... I'm mad at Ford for the SHO. I had high hopes for that car and the moment I saw them pull the sheet back on it I felt like they completely missed the boat.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC

The article references it as to competing right with the zl1 and gt500... That's what Im guessing they are aiming for, not a mediocre sho with a tune...

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
drove an SRT 396 challenger yesterday.....2012....145 miles.......6 speed.

love these cars......

Man. I keep thinking of selling my ride for one of these.

But I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much.................... Sigh.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Man. I keep thinking of selling my ride for one of these.

But I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much, but I love my car so much, but I love the new SRT8's so much.................... Sigh.

And then I see the $45000 MSRP and then good luck finding one without mark up. "Oh but it says SRT on it! It's worth the price!" Get fucked sales douche.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
the pricing of the challengers is a bit steep. sticker price on the 392 i drove was 48,xxx
granted the gt500 and the ZL1 are up there as well.

i have been doing alot of reading on challenger forums and alot of prospective buyers ask the R/T vs SRT question. maybe now its a more difficult question because its 376 vs 470 as opposed to the previous 425hp SRT8s.

there's a loaded '10 R/T at dan wolf chevy for 29975 ( moonroof navigation leather HIDs 6 speed ) with only 1200 miles.

:jg:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Absolutely agree about being so close to the original look for the Challenger. I was against it until I saw a picture of a '70 and an '08 next to each other. Of course it's got a higher belt line but the lines are damn near exact. Challenger > Mustang > GTO > thunderbird > SSR > kasky's sweet ass > Camaro in terms of retro look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info