đź“° Auto News Chevy Cruze & GM Powertrain: An Inside Look

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
This is a link to a friend of mine who owns a Cruze. He is the one who brought up the problem of people having spark plugs incorrectly gapped on thier 1.4T and 1.8L motors to GM. So when GM heard from him they decided to gim a once in a life time tour. It is an unbiased look at how the new GM works. And definately a good read.

Chevy Cruze & GM Powertrain: An Inside Look

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
If you go through te whole thread it gets even more interesting. Someone talks about how the motors are still cast iron instead of aluminum. I guess its to help with start up temps and also theres oil and coolant passages molded into the block.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
and of course to save cost...

With shipping costs (due to the additional weight of Iron/Steel), more expensive machining costs, stronger equipment needed (due to the additional weight of Iron/Steel), and other misc stuff. I'd bet it is similar cost to even slightly more expensive to use iron than cast aluminum.

Raw material cost isn't the final cost in manufacturing. :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
With shipping costs (due to the additional weight of Iron/Steel), more expensive machining costs, stronger equipment needed (due to the additional weight of Iron/Steel), and other misc stuff. I'd bet it is similar cost to even slightly more expensive to use iron than cast aluminum.

Raw material cost isn't the final cost in manufacturing. :dunno:

Ya that difference would be small
Aluminum is stupid expensive.

Then I still love you.
Werd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info