Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
After 11 years of competing in NASCAR, Dodge is reportedly once again pulling out of the racing series. Penske Racing, the only team running under the Dodge banner in 2012, announced in March it was switching to Ford for the 2013 season. On Monday, Penske Racing said it would also switch from Dodge engines to Roush-Yates Ford engines for 2013.

In March, Dodge rolled out its Sprint Cup Charger it planned to campaign in 2013, but NASCAR.com says it did not take part in a tire test at Martinsville Speedway this week.

This is not Dodge's first time leaving NASCAR. The company left the series in 1977 and returned in 2001. It has won 50+ races since then, and could still add to that tally before the end of the 2012 season. NASCAR.com reports that an official statement from Chrysler confirming its departure is expected later today.

*UPDATE: Chrysler has confirmed it is leaving NASCAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kt9xj-WOPA

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Serious question... Is Nascar even relevant any more? Is manufacture's participation in Nascar relevant? I could see how it was back in the days when the cars were actual cars but everything is the same now, the engines aren't comparable to anything you can buy, hardly any new car technology comes from Nascar, innovation is stymied...

It seems to me like Nascar took a sport that was already relatively boring and sucked the remaining life out of it. I would NEVER consider an automotive purchase based on something I saw in Nascar.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
NASCAR IS DILDOS. WHENS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A 2 DOOR, STICK SHIFT RWD CARBEURATED IMPALA?

This. I think they should have to go back to using production engines/drive lines. Even if that means v6 and fwd or awd. So many cool motors and cars came from nascar, lets get back there. The manufacturers learned from racing, they made advances in technology. Hell if they have to go to a v6 let them allow boost. Imagine a field of boosted direct injected V6's with awd.

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Serious question... Is Nascar even relevant any more? Is manufacture's participation in Nascar relevant? I could see how it was back in the days when the cars were actual cars but everything is the same now, the engines aren't comparable to anything you can buy, hardly any new car technology comes from Nascar, innovation is stymied...

It seems to me like Nascar took a sport that was already relatively boring and sucked the remaining life out of it. I would NEVER consider an automotive purchase based on something I saw in Nascar.

i feel the same way. this shows nothing about dodge and performance. they still run pushrod motors dont they? dodge hasnt produced one of those since 04. nascars are cool. 850hp 9500rpm engines that last all day. lots of cool aspects of the car. BUT they can only turn left! ive never been a fan of nascar, i just dont understand whats so awesome about it. the only reason its around today is because its a form of racingthat all hillbillies can understand. anyone who has been to a race can agree that it is 90% hillbillies who spent their whole months pay on tickets instead of dental care.

no fucks were given by me when dodge dropped nascar :D cant wait to see how they do with rally. at least some of that actually goes onto the street with the dart...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
NASCAR is less about the make/model and more about the personalities involved. That's unfortunate because it doesn't cater to the casual race watcher like ALMS or F1. The races are so long and are hard to keep interest of the casual fan. I'm finding less and less time to watch races like I used to. I usually catch up listening to NASCAR satellite radio or read the NASCAR blogs to follow my favorite drivers. I could care less what badge is on their car.

I'm a fan of the side by side racing and closeness of competition, and especially the road races and short tracks. Everything else I don't make time for anymore.

C.Evans

TCG Elite Member
May 21, 2011
Sycamore, IL
In Nascar and any other form of "stock" car racing a "stock" car is not what you think it means. It means any production BASED car used in the sport. Not the actual production car itself. Kind of misleading.

I dont watch nascar religously, but If I do it is the last 20 laps or so. Cant stand sitting there for 4 hours unless they are running a road course that weekend. They turn right too Clint!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

Not sure if serious. NASCAR is a multibillion dollar company owned by one family.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
In Nascar and any other form of "stock" car racing a "stock" car is not what you think it means. It means any production BASED car used in the sport. Not the actual production car itself. Kind of misleading.

which is why its stupid and pointless. if i want to watch cars that have noting to do with any production car ill watch f1. at least those guys race in the rain

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info