Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Pricing for the 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP has leaked out and your budget E39 M5 fantasies can be fulfilled for the princely sum of $39,995. That price includes the $1,700 gas-guzzler charge and the $685 destination fee on the base automatic-equipped model. The six-speed manual will set you back an additional $695 (just do it) and the sunroof can be yours for another $900. As expected, fuel economy is far from stellar at 13 mpg city and 20 mpg on the highway, but judging by Jonathan's review, the additional fuel costs are well worth the pavement-punishing fun you'll have in the most powerful production Pontiac to date.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
back in the day, automatic used to be the upcharge

thought this was relevent

from edmunds long term blog about the new evo
We all know that the death of the real manual transmission is near. I mean, Porsche now quotes the acceleration numbers from its new PDK tranny instead of the manual, and Ferrari is so proud of its clutchless system that it doesn't even offer a stick on the 430 Scuderia.

And then you have the new Evo. Its new double clutch automatic is one of the best.around, almost perfect in its ability to choose the right gear and deliver it in a hurry. A leap forward?

Well, yeah, as automatics go maybe. But the fact is, the GSR reminded me once again why a true manual is always more fun. It's hardly the best shifter I've ever tried, but ripping through the gears with that turbo spinning and blow off valve whistling was way more fun than dealing with that SST contraption in our MR. It's not even close, give me the real manual every time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info