đź“° Auto News 2013 Buick Verano available with 250hp and 6 speed manul

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
original.jpg

The Buick Verano Turbo Just Slapped Your Grandma In The Face

General Motors is making it a performance Buick and it will be available later this year. It's no Grand National or GSX, but this Buick is not the stodgy old people car the marque has been known for over the past three decades.

Buick announced today that its 2013 Verano sedan — a Cruze in chromier clothing — will be available with a 250 hp turbocharged 2-liter four and a six-speed manual transmission, a combination that will move the compact sedan from 0-60 in 6.2 seconds.

For some reason, the General decided not to slap the mill into a Chevy Cruze with an SS badge on it. Apparently, they wanted to breathe real life into Buick through the Verano Turbo, which will dust the Audi A3 Turbo's 0-60 time buy a full second.

This changes Verano's classification altogether. It was a compact luxury sedan, but now its a compact performance sedan, too. Now it's in competition with cool performance oriented cars like the Ford Focus ST, the Mazdaspeed3 and the new for 2013 Dodge Dart.

View the gallery
Besides reasserting that Buick isn't for old people anymore (as the Chinese realized years ago), this also goes a bit of the way towards helping differentiate platform twins in a way that's more significant than just luxury touches and leather.

Suddenly all those Cimarron jokes seem less funny.

:eek3:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Don't think Buick ever used SS. I like the cruze so this could be really cool.

Edited to Gran Sport. Make it Skylark GS.

Skylark GS > Verano.

Edit: Looks like Buick thought about naming the car the Verano GS. From Car and Driver:

There won’t be a GS-badged variant of the Verano; not adding such a model allowed Buick to install a hotter version of the Ecotec 2.0 than the 220-horse version. And so the Turbo (“Premium 1ST” in your Buick order guides) will sit atop the Verano lineup, above the base car (1SD), the Convenience model (1SG), and the Luxury trim (1SL), all of which get the 2.4 and a six-speed auto.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
LOL I love the idea of this powertrain and I dont mind that it is FWD. I think its more of a bread and butter car for GM. Which means maybe Buick will get something on the new RWD SS platform.

I wish they made a Cruse SS with this mill. Even if it was detuned a little bit.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Ferrari and Lamborghini are about what makes their cars perform better. Manuals may be more fun, but aren't nearly as fast as the new DCTs/PDKs and are also short on gears.

Even though they suck balls to drive around town :rofl:

I'd like to drive this... Drove a new turbo regal with a 6-speed and it was a VERY nice car, but a bit pricey at $34,000

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info