Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Too lazy to copy paste everything today.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2013-ford-taurus-sho-fd.jpg

With its 365 horsepower and 360 pound-feet of torque on hand, the 2013 Taurus SHO is capable of an estimated run of 5.1 seconds from standstill to 60 mph. That thrust bests the A6 by about .4 seconds and the big E-Class by a shave, but falls just short of the 4.7 seconds served up by the considerably brawnier 550i xDrive. Surprisingly enough, we'd wager the Taurus would be capable of hanging with those high-brow Europeans even after the track turned twisty. Is the SHO as nice as its Old Country counterparts inside and out? Certainly not, but any deficiencies are quickly made up by the MSRP. At nearly $20,000 less expensive than its closest Euro counterpart, it's no wonder Ford says half of SHO buyers come from luxury brands.

At this point, you're likely wondering why we've avoided the two V8-powered elephants in the room; the Chrysler 300 SRT8 and Dodge Charger SRT8. While it's true the big American bruisers offer big thrust and smart handling, their 470-horsepower 6.4-liter V8 engines put them in a different class altogether, and they can't be had with all-wheel drive.

With its refreshed exterior, interior tweaks and more substantial braking system, the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO is an improvement on a recipe that's been largely abandoned by other domestic automakers. Loaded with technology and easily optioned without breaking the bank, this sedan continues to offer buyers a legitimate alternative to Europe's army of all-weather bruisers.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The wheels are nasty. The rest of the car is a lot better though and it's nice to see they finally put real brakes on it. As soon as they pulled the tarp back on the car at Dearborn I noticed the car had anemic brakes on it.

Still a pig, still a lot better cars for the money but people like this car and I can see why. Kudos to Ford. Sometimes you do have to ignore the enthusiasts and appeal to a broader market.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info