đź“° Auto News First Look: 2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
6a00d83451b3c669e20168e9109539970c-800wi

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/03/first-look-2013-chevrolet-trailblazer.html

After taking a few years off, Chevrolet's TrailBlazer is back, but Thailand will see it before we do. We got a sneak peek of the 2013 TrailBlazer last year at the Dubai International Motor Show, and it will debut next week at the Bangkok International Motor Show. It will go on sale first in Thailand this June; global markets will follow.

The body-on-frame midsize SUV, which is based on the Chevrolet Colorado, returns to the lineup after a three-year hiatus. Like its predecessor, it will be available in rear- or four-wheel-drive configurations. It will launch in Thailand with two four-cylinder turbo-diesel powertrain options: a 150-horsepower 2.5-liter and a 180-hp 2.8-liter. They'll be paired with five-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions.

GM hasn't confirmed engines for the U.S. market, saying only that additional powertrains for specific markets will be announced later. A diesel for the U.S. isn't so far-fetched though, considering the Chevrolet Cruze diesel will soon be available here.

The TrailBlazer will seat seven passengers in three rows of seats, and it will have what GM calls "best-in-class spaciousness in the third row." Other interior details are scarce, but we know the seats will tumble and fold flat for cargo flexibility and there will be leather seats, a USB port and Bluetooth connectivity.

The 2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer was designed at GM's South America Design Center in SĂŁo Caetano do Sul, Brazil, and it will be built at the automaker's Thailand manufacturing facility in Rayong.

7002893505_6e6e36e431.jpg

7002893601_79b1c7cce8.jpg

7002893567_1468d4bf8c.jpg

7002893633_105947781a.jpg

6856779180_108c6facb4.jpg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Not sure of that, but by the looks of it, and the trend we've been seeing, I'd say it's a safe bet.

I mean it's working for GM but definitely :dnc:

Also, don't you love the fact the American tax dollar bailed them out and now they keep producing vehicles in other countries to be sold in even more countries OTHER than the US? I know they said "eventually" but look at the Regal. Was sold in China first and brought over with another anemic motor for the US. Good thing we bailed them out. :picard:

:GMbailoutdebateGO:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I mean it's working for GM but definitely :dnc:

Also, don't you love the fact the American tax dollar bailed them out and now they keep producing vehicles in other countries to be sold in even more countries OTHER than the US? I know they said "eventually" but look at the Regal. Was sold in China first and brought over with another anemic motor for the US. Good thing we bailed them out. :picard:

:GMbailoutdebateGO:

Selling the regal in China first was a good business division. They eat up just about anything with a buick name tag on it, so letting them have first crack it it didn't rub me too far the wrong way.

But yes, the bailouts were created to keep AMERICAN jobs, I get that the money is still filtering back here, but why not produce here, we're still over 10% unemployment, and IDC about graphs saying we're decreasing, more like people just pulling off the list.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
honestly i dig it... much beefier looking than past trailblazer. especially if they keep that jacked stance and bigger tires. :fy:
This. Those beefier tires and height make it look pretty cool plus it's truck based and it's 3 row. :fy:
I'd rather have this then some stupid minivan if I had a family.

Like carter said.... Sweet, most likely another unibody based, transversly mounted engine SUV that's as worthless as a minivan. Not sure of that, but by the looks of it, and the trend we've been seeing, I'd say it's a safe bet.
Reading > you

It says body on frame based off the Colorado chassis :dunno:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
it won't i bet. no one would buy the 5.3/6 speed manual except for people like you. aka not gm's primary demographic for this vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter... don't be silly.

You can get it in the Colorado IIRC, and they'll be making a manual in the overseas model (because that's still the "standard" transmission)

IDC about manual overall besides a personal preference.... And I agree they'd probably sell 20 of them a year, but the 5.3 would be nice.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Yeah fuck that shit, HMMMM 30k colorado or 35k sierra/ silverado.... Oh I know it wouldn't sell, I'm just old school and think there should be a manual in everything haha. And I'd think the 5.3 may sell better in here, a bit more upscale than a colorado and used for families. There were a TON of 5.3 OBS trail blazers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info