Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
so there you have it

With the Internet bursting with ugly tales of GT-R launch control abuse, broken transaxles and void warranties, a nasty rumor began; that the 2010 Nissan GT-R won't have launch control.

Could it be? Really?

So we asked and asked and asked. We asked three Nissan employees: one from the public relations department, one from engineering and one high-ranking executive. The first two confirmed its removal was being considered seriously, but the decision had not yet been made. Then the high-ranking executive confirmed the bad news.

"It's gone," he said when asked if launch control would return in 2010. "We just don't want to deal with the warranty nightmare anymore. It'll make the 2009 GT-R really special. It'll be the only R35 with launch control."

IL_logo.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
its b/c people dont read and just spout of the same bullshit line every time anything is mentioned....nissan will not void the warranty if you use launch control sometimes...the problem lies in idiots who are using it at every light, every chance they get and are grenading the trans. thats a lot of stress. its no different then people using a 2step on evo's and blowing up the transfer case...repeated stress = failures. its amazing that the jdm models are working just fine and that car has been out for over a year over there

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My advice to Nissan, build your car to handle hard launches . It's moronic to think that people will have the self-control to not use the launch control whenever they please. If that feature is going to grenade parts, then don't put it on the car. Who's to say how much abuse is too much abuse? Where do you draw the line at abusing it? Launching hard 10, 20, 30, 40, 50% of the time? I understand if it won't hold under high rpm launches with a tire or aftermarket goodies, but stock? Give me an effin break!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Voiding the warranty is completely at the dealership's and Nissan's discretion when looking at the black box to evaluate breakage, which is scary. However, no feature included in any new car should void the warranty if it's used. Plus, Nissan is asking a lot from that car if they didn't expect any breakage. I don't care which car it is, dumping the clutch on any AWD car at 5,000 rpm is going to be a severe stress that FWD or RWD cars don't experience: transfer case (or whatever they call it) plus an additional diff, driveshaft, etc.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
its not about people spouting off bs either mook. The arguement holds water because people have voided the warranty using it. Also using it sometimes? are you serious? Isn't sometimes relative? Maybe sometimes to nissan is rarely to its owner. Or a lot to Nissan is sometimes to its owner. Pretty stupid if you ask me. So I am going with turk on this one, the 2009 gtr= suck because of the corporate red tape. Also i could care less if the trans costs 20k if it can't handle the stock features of the car at factory power levels with factory options then that trans has no right being in that car. Furthermore what could we really have expected from a first run trans from a japanese company? Or any company for that matter. This shit is bound to happen.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
its not about people spouting off bs either mook. The arguement holds water because people have voided the warranty using it. Also using it sometimes? are you serious? Isn't sometimes relative? Maybe sometimes to nissan is rarely to its owner. Or a lot to Nissan is sometimes to its owner. Pretty stupid if you ask me. So I am going with turk on this one, the 2009 gtr= suck because of the corporate red tape. Also i could care less if the trans costs 20k if it can't handle the stock features of the car at factory power levels with factory options then that trans has no right being in that car. Furthermore what could we really have expected from a first run trans from a japanese company? Or any company for that matter. This shit is bound to happen.
they probably didn't have time to engineer it well enough to handle the power levels because as soon as they announced it, it became the most hyped car on the planet.

must rerease supaca

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info